• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I suspect the case numbers will be artificially reduced from now on and be rendered even more useless than before. I would only look at hospitalizations and deaths for trends and those numbers may be manipulated as well by changing the definitions of wuhu involvement.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I suspect the case numbers will be artificially reduced from now on and be rendered even more useless than before. I would only look at hospitalizations and deaths for trends and those numbers may be manipulated as well by changing the definitions of wuhu involvement.
    Yeah, I don't know. My sense is that the reporting is really from the state level, so the GIGO factor should remain constant.

Now, if the CDC or some federal acronym becomes the sole source provider of the information... that'd be troubling.

Granted, I continue to believe that the CDC or some federal agency should be the best source for national numbers, they should not be the only source.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yeah, I don't know. My sense is that the reporting is really from the state level, so the GIGO factor should remain constant.

Now, if the CDC or some federal acronym becomes the sole source provider of the information... that'd be troubling.

Granted, I continue to believe that the CDC or some federal agency should be the best source for national numbers, they should not be the only source.
    It kinda depends on how widespread the changing WHO definitions of wuhu involvement become. If the CDC follows along and changes their definitions as well then everything gets tossed around.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's kind of a tricky strait to cross -

On one hand you want to give an added incentive to getting the vaccine. In d.kaufman's case, it obviously doesn't matter, but for that welfare mom this might be the thing to get her to roll up her sleeve.

On the other hand, it sends out the signal that, "it must be a little risky, or why else would they need to pay me?"

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Politician?

images

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe he's speaking generally as "the American people's" money.

I mean, it's not really mine, since it's not tax dollars, it just more deficit spending. It is really more the money of future bond holders, I guess.

Apart from that, any other reason you think he's a POS? :dunno:
    The fed is buying the debt and printing money to pay for it. So it’s more like diluting the value of the dollar. We’ll still pay in the long term. But not that long.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I don't believe any of the numbers since the gov't provided financial incentives on a per case reported basis. I personally know two people with relatives who passed from other causes but were tagged as covid on the death certificate.

The CDC is already stating that the more testing that happens the more false positives are going to be reported.

The CDC and WHO both put the cart way before the horse on this deal. It's become so convoluted that there is a near 0% possibility that any numbers can be relied upon.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's kind of a tricky strait to cross -

On one hand you want to give an added incentive to getting the vaccine. In d.kaufman's case, it obviously doesn't matter, but for that welfare mom this might be the thing to get her to roll up her sleeve.

On the other hand, it sends out the signal that, "it must be a little risky, or why else would they need to pay me?"
    Personally, until we are at the point where there is plenty of vaccine and no more takers, I don't know why there would be talk of incentives. My only question at this point is whether I could be turned into a zombie with a placebo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Personally, until we are at the point where there is plenty of vaccine and no more takers, I don't know why there would be talk of incentives. My only question at this point is whether I could be turned into a zombie with a placebo.
    People have already been turned into zombies without a placebo. We call them Democrats.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1500. Of millions of people living in Qubec. Wouldn't it be better to just build more hospitals rather than making people stay in their homes?

He mentioned that in one of his previous videos.
    Also, they're spending 13 million a month on covid awareness ads.
    Cause I guess there are still people that don't know about covid and have zero news access.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He mentioned that in one of his previous videos.
    Also, they're spending 13 million a month on covid awareness ads.
    Cause I guess there are still people that don't know about covid and have zero news access.
    Yes. I posted that video here somewhere. It's practically criminal. They could build in a lot more capacity for that 13 million rather than doing the curfews. And "awareness" is nonsense. How many people stopped taking drugs because someone fried an egg with a stern narrative voice barking a warning and ominous music playing in the background?

I think "raising awareness" is the progressives' way of feeling like they did something without actually doing anything. So what have YOU done to solve the problem? "I walked 5 miles while wearing a pink ribbon to raise awareness." Oh. So basically nothing.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Yes. I posted that video here somewhere. It's practically criminal. They could build in a lot more capacity for that 13 million rather than doing the curfews. And "awareness" is nonsense. How many people stopped taking drugs because someone fried an egg with a stern narrative voice barking a warning and ominous music playing in the background?

I think "raising awareness" is the progressives' way of feeling like they did something without actually doing anything. So what have YOU done to solve the problem? "I walked 5 miles while wearing a pink ribbon to raise awareness." Oh. So basically nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom