• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    From what I can tell, CA still sucks. They're down to about 1k ICUs available in the whole state. (Not sure what percentage that is, but it doesn't seem like very much.)

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's getting better, now that Trump's almost out the democrats are ready to open the economies in their states.
    Was that supposed to be purple? I think Biden is still talking about having a "dark winter" isn't he? I mean. We can't have businesses just opening up willy-nilly. Shut those *****es down.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Was that supposed to be purple? I think Biden is still talking about having a "dark winter" isn't he? I mean. We can't have businesses just opening up willy-nilly. Shut those *****es down.
    Seen earlier that he's going to mandate a nationwide mask order via Executive Order.

Get ready for the :poop: storm of EO's to start rolling down hill.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Seen earlier that he's going to mandate a nationwide mask order via Executive Order.

Not nationwide, just on federal property, and during interstate travel, whatever that means.

link; don’t know how good it is but it’s easy to search for his first day’s plan.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I saw a video from FNC about the mask mandate for "interstate travelers". That's how the report worded it. It's kinda misleading. The mandate, is for people traveling interstate on planes, trains, or buses. But the reporting makes it sound like it's for everyone traveling interstate. Not that I want any federal mandates on masks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not nationwide, just on federal property, and during interstate travel, whatever that means.
    Let's not get facts in the way of Democrat bashing.

I'd assume interstate travel would be planes and trains... where it's already mandated.

"HEY! I'M DOING SOMETHING!", say Joe Biden, who's actually not doing anything.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe... just maybe... we might be coming out of the latest spike, nationally. The serious/critical number appears to be trending down. The deaths, might be, too. (Cynically, the long weekend might also have meant a slow-down of reporting because people who usually do this weren't at work, which is stupid, but there you go.)

Hope springs eternal.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let's not get facts in the way of Democrat bashing.

I'd assume interstate travel would be planes and trains... where it's already mandated.

"HEY! I'M DOING SOMETHING!", say Joe Biden, who's actually not doing anything.
    The way FCN reported it, they just said "mandates masks for interstate travelers" which is misleading. What it actually does is mandate masks for planes, trains, and buses for interstate travel. Staying within the modern purview of the commerce clause. But it's effectively not doing anything different because airlines, trains, and buses already have restrictions like that.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe... just maybe... we might be coming out of the latest spike, nationally. The serious/critical number appears to be trending down. The deaths, might be, too. (Cynically, the long weekend might also have meant a slow-down of reporting because people who usually do this weren't at work, which is stupid, but there you go.)

Hope springs eternal.
    It's stupid for people not to be at work during a holiday weekend?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

Hope springs eternal.
    IMO, Indiana cases have been in decline since the November roll-back, EXCEPT for surges corresponding to Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.

With the holiday gatherings behind us, IMO, Indiana will continue with the baseline "community" R0, which is a decaying/declining curve of cases.

All of this would have been more readily apparent had the governor issued the roll-backs earlier according to the county metrics, but didn't because... elections.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IMO, Indiana cases have been in decline since the November roll-back, EXCEPT for surges corresponding to Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.

With the holiday gatherings behind us, IMO, Indiana will continue with the baseline R0, which is a decaying/declining curve of cases.

All of this would have been more readily apparent had the governor issued the roll-backs earlier according to the county metrics, but didn't because... elections.
    Well, definitely agree on the current Indiana metrics.

I'm still on the fence about whether or how the mandated precautions make a difference. But, I also don't know if Hoosiers' behaviors change on their own volition based on what is happening.

And, the big unknown is the mutation (or mutations) with a higher R factor.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A day off should have minimal impact on the 7-day average.

Ditto the weekends which are always low when looking at the daily reporting.
    When the weekend/holiday numbers are about half of the 5 day average, that's statistically relevant. :D

I know, I know, this is probably my own personal windmill-tilting WRT reporting standards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom