Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    https://babylonbee.com/news/it-is-still-not-ok-to-go-outside-says-faucis-head-in-a-jar-in-year-2739

article-8390-1.jpg

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hey look! Some guy has a green screen and a website name that tries way too hard.
    You should do your homework.

What I don't get about a good number of posters here, and HM's post is a perfect example, is the condescension toward out of mainstream news sources.

Many here will smear Gateway Pundit as a source, even if the reports are true, but then post a Yahoo, NYT, or other mockingbird media without holding them to the same standard they apply to alternative media. I guess funding by a Chinese affiliated Mexican business man, or one of the richest men in the world, or a conglomerate looking to do business all over the world, including with our enemies, is preferable to overhyped UFO articles to fund the news gathering and production.

We must search diligently for the truth, use our discernment and wisdom, and evaluate the extremes, to have any idea of the truth...

There are no coincidences...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was not condescending because he is outside the mainstream. I was condescending because of the insanity and completely biased and out-of-context, sometimes unsourced nature of what he was claiming.

Being in the "mainstream" doesn't make you right, but what some here seem to miss is that being outside the mainstream and saying things that some want to believe also doesn't make one right.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    No one is speaking about the biological weapons as being biological weapons.
    What an interesting reality has been fabricated for us!

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I don't get about a good number of posters here, and HM's post is a perfect example, is the condescension toward out of mainstream news sources.

Many here will smear Gateway Pundit as a source, even if the reports are true, but then post a Yahoo, NYT, or other mockingbird media without holding them to the same standard they apply to alternative media. I guess funding by a Chinese affiliated Mexican business man, or one of the richest men in the world, or a conglomerate looking to do business all over the world, including with our enemies, is preferable to overhyped UFO articles to fund the news gathering and production.

We must search diligently for the truth, use our discernment and wisdom, and evaluate the extremes, to have any idea of the truth...

There are no coincidences...

GWP is a right wing site. People on the right or left instinctively believe stuff that tickles their biases. I'm no different. My outlook and political beliefs are mostly right of center, so news from right-leaning places instinctively tickle my biases. They make me outraged at outrageous stories. They make me pleased when it's news I want to be true. But, it especially pisses me off when media outlets exploit their constituent's biases. There's not a lot that pisses me off more than a right leaning site peddling propaganda.

GWP sometimes report news that's true. Sure. And sometimes it's completely fabricated. If they're willing to fabricate stories to promote a desired narrative, for clicks or views, or just for the sake of propaganda, **** them. GWP and their partisan propaganda spreading hacks can go **** a rock. I have no more respect for or confidence in them than I have for Snopes or any other medea outlet that makes **** up for a living.

But. I will say this. And this is often true for any source. If they report something that goes against their bias, it's likely truthful. If CNN, for example, ever reported something favorable about Trump it's probably as true a report as they've ever reported. No way in hell post-2016, they'd ever make **** up that was favorable to DJT. I'd take GWP's word for it if they reported something unfavorable to the right wing viewpoint. Not because that's what I want to hear but because it's not what they would want to report.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No one is speaking about the biological weapons as being biological weapons.
    What an interesting reality has been fabricated for us!

Sometimes news is a lot like an infinite Ponzi scheme. You can recurse the layers all the way down and never encounter a payoff that is real.

No one is speaking about "the biological weapons" because it's a Ponzi scheme. I mean. It's possible they could be. But if you dig all the way down you'd never encounter real ass proof.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    GWP is a right wing site. People on the right or left instinctively believe stuff that tickles their biases. I'm no different. My outlook and political beliefs are mostly right of center, so news from right-leaning places instinctively tickle my biases. They make me outraged at outrageous stories. They make me pleased when it's news I want to be true. But, it especially pisses me off when media outlets exploit their constituent's biases. There's not a lot that pisses me off more than a right leaning site peddling propaganda.

GWP sometimes report news that's true. Sure. And sometimes it's completely fabricated. If they're willing to fabricate stories to promote a desired narrative, for clicks or views, or just for the sake of propaganda, **** them. GWP and their partisan propaganda spreading hacks can go **** a rock. I have no more respect for or confidence in them than I have for Snopes or any other medea outlet that makes **** up for a living.

But. I will say this. And this is often true for any source. If they report something that goes against their bias, it's likely truthful. If CNN, for example, ever reported something favorable about Trump it's probably as true a report as they've ever reported. No way in hell post-2016, they'd ever make **** up that was favorable to DJT. I'd take GWP's word for it if they reported something unfavorable to the right wing viewpoint. Not because that's what I want to hear but because it's not what they would want to report.

All good but fails to address the main point of the post, that being the smug condescension proffered by many toward any alternative news when the sources they cite are just as tainted if not worse. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of it all...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All good but fails to address the main point of the post, that being the smug condescension proffered by many toward any alternative news when the sources they cite are just as tainted if not worse. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of it all...
    I thought about what he said in a different light. If he only believes what left wing news orgs publish that goes against their bias, and only believes what right wing sights publish that is against their bias; then he is severely news deprived. I doubt there is more than a story or two per month that meet those criteria

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It used to be that one could dig into a news item, uncover facts and get closer to the truth. These days if you try to dig into a news story you uncover lies and are getting closer to the source of fabrication and actually further away from the truth.

But, yes - turtles.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It used to be that one could dig into a news item, uncover facts and get closer to the truth. These days if you try to dig into a news story you uncover lies and are getting closer to the source of fabrication and actually further away from the truth.

But, yes - turtles.
    TBF, journalism wasn't exactly top notch around, say the the Spanish American War time.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

But, yes - turtles.
    I believe that is because, and few want to discuss much less admit, the news today is owned as a narrative maker for mega corporations and conglomerates.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought about what he said in a different light. If he only believes what left wing news orgs publish that goes against their bias, and only believes what right wing sights publish that is against their bias; then he is severely news deprived. I doubt there is more than a story or two per month that meet those criteria

Sometimes news is news and not narrative driven.

:rofl:

No. Seriously. Some news is just news. An earthquake hit. Not usually anything political about that.

But even with things that are highly politicized you can still find some facts. Say, a school shooting. It doesn't matter what source you're consuming (hopefully it's several), they'll all report that there was a shooting. Of course they'll be filled with unverified reports--you can assume that just about all the details you read within the first several hours are ****. And of course it's a topic that can't be reported without spin.

But, no matter the spin, there are some verifiable facts reported. "Two shooters reported!" Eh, ********. Let's wait until a press conference. They're so eager to scoop everyone if it leads, it's probably ********. But, even in those reports, they might say , "911 calls about an active shooter came in starting at 9:30AM at ..." Okay, that's probably true and useful.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe that is because, and few want to discuss much less admit, the news today is owned as a narrative maker for mega corporations and conglomerates.
    Yes. And I think there are two aspects to that. The corporate media interests just want clicks and views. Outrage news sells. Salacious news sells. So then they hire ideologues to write outrageous or salacious news. And then those people get twitter accounts and blue check-marks and make advertising companies think the world is woke.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes. And I think there are two aspects to that. The corporate media interests just want clicks and views. Outrage news sells. Salacious news sells. So then they hire ideologues to write outrageous or salacious news. And then those people get twitter accounts and blue check-marks and make advertising companies think the world is woke.
    You just hit a BIG nail right on the head, the echo chamber effect of Twitter to the elite creates the illusion that what the elite believe is real...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

No. Seriously. Some news is just news. An earthquake hit. Not usually anything political about that.

Um, earthquakes are the fault of humans abusing Mother Earth and the angle that penance must be served will be presented in most. LOL

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But even with things that are highly politicized you can still find some facts. Say, a school shooting. It doesn't matter what source you're consuming (hopefully it's several), they'll all report that there was a shooting. Of course they'll be filled with unverified reports--you can assume that just about all the details you read within the first several hours are ****. And of course it's a topic that can't be reported without spin.

But, no matter the spin, there are some verifiable facts reported. "Two shooters reported!" Eh, ********. Let's wait until a press conference. They're so eager to scoop everyone if it leads, it's probably ********. But, even in those reports, they might say , "911 calls about an active shooter came in starting at 9:30AM at ..." Okay, that's probably true and useful.
    Oh, I'm quite cognizant of the stupid. As a long time pilot, one only has to read just about any account of an aircraft accident to realize reporters can't even get such details as the type of aircraft, or even how many power plants it has, correct, and just about every 'eyewitness' sees it on fire as it crashes to earth - even if it ran out of fuel

The difference is that agenda driven disingenuousness has by far overtaken the stupid in its contribution to lack of utility of most news accounts. It is a much less enjoyable arena to operate in. Being informed on anything has become like trying to read between the lines in Pravda and Izvestia

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom