Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Restaurants will be able to to seat 75% capacity as of March 1.
    This is NOT, NOT, NO EFF'in way related to the NCAA Tournament being held here.
    Idiot Mayor doesn't wear his mask for the first time while speaking into his computer alone in his office, so the danger must be over.
    https://fox59.com/news/mayor-hogset...on-marion-countys-covid-19-response-thursday/
    The only good thing to come from this is to make us realize just how hopelessly incompetent the local government really is.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Got my first wuhu shot. Funny, I don't feel any different.

I got the Moderna vaccine. If I had a choice I would have chosen Pfizer but no choice available.
    If the X-men stories have taught the world anything, it is that the mutant serum can take some time before producing results. ;)

In other news, my back of the napkin math says that about 20% (60MM out of 300MM) Americans have either had at least 1 vaccination shot or had the virus (so should have the antibodies). IMO, that's about 25% of the way to herd immunity (I'm figuring that at about 80%).

"Normal" looks achievable by the end of summer. That'll be good for kids going back to school.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If the X-men stories have taught the world anything, it is that the mutant serum can take some time before producing results. ;)

In other news, my back of the napkin math says that about 20% (60MM out of 300MM) Americans have either had at least 1 vaccination shot or had the virus (so should have the antibodies). IMO, that's about 25% of the way to herd immunity (I'm figuring that at about 80%).

"Normal" looks achievable by the end of summer. That'll be good for kids going back to school.
    And me going to Bonnaroo! :rockwoot:

I hope Altin Gün will be on the list again.

EDIT: The software won't let you just link to YouTube, it always embeds. Hmmm. Oh well, enjoy.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    My son just tested positive for wuhu. He had been having some cold-like symptoms so he got tested yesterday morning and just got the results this morning. Normally he wouldn't even have got tested but he is the head coach of a bantam hockey team and didn't want to expose the kids so he needed to know.
    Right after I got my first shot yesterday I went to his place for a while. I didn't go in his house but we did go in his large pole building. We looked at a couple cars I have stored there for the winter.
    I don't know if that counts as being exposed but I'll be watching for symptoms anyhow.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside

Wish there was a good way to estimate the number that have had it but did not get tested. We might be well north of the 25%.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wish there was a good way to estimate the number that have had it but did not get tested. We might be well north of the 25%.
    I think that's very likely, but yeah - I haven't seen anything that reliably ballparks that number. Really, we may not know for a few years, once there's more analysis and statistical review.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And me going to Bonnaroo! :rockwoot:

I hope Altin Gün will be on the list again.

EDIT: The software won't let you just link to YouTube, it always embeds. Hmmm. Oh well, enjoy.
    I think if you use the 'insert link' symbol (two chain links) and paste, it will just display the link. If you copy the link and just paste directly into the post box it always embeds

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think if you use the 'insert link' symbol (two chain links) and paste, it will just display the link. If you copy the link and just paste directly into the post box it always embeds
    I did that - still goes, "Oh, this is a video, so forget the link, I'll just embed it."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That was/is weird. You are apparently right about media such as video, but I can post just the link for text. I wasn't going to quote myself but just attach this as an edit, but it apparently wouldn't let me or i only thought it did because right now i do not have a visible cursor as i'm typing this so I may have been able to type an edit, I just didn't think it was allowing it without an obvious cursor

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My son just tested positive for wuhu. He had been having some cold-like symptoms so he got tested yesterday morning and just got the results this morning. Normally he wouldn't even have got tested but he is the head coach of a bantam hockey team and didn't want to expose the kids so he needed to know.
    Right after I got my first shot yesterday I went to his place for a while. I didn't go in his house but we did go in his large pole building. We looked at a couple cars I have stored there for the winter.
    I don't know if that counts as being exposed but I'll be watching for symptoms anyhow.

Hopefully he'll have mild symptoms and have a couple weeks of boredom.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nope, visible cursor in BB code. And to be clear, I could still type without a visible cursor when I tested that theory in the previous sitch. I was in and out of preview trying to see if what I thought about embedding was actually correct and it happened sometime during that period. You will note there is no cursor in preview because it is view only, but I was out of preview and the cursor was trapped between dimensions

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom