• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it probably also has a lot to do with the saturation of the market since they first opened. There are quite a few more ranges in town, so I'm sure their business was expected to slack off well below where it was before the fire.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I told Karen right after the fire that if they didn't rebuild the range quickly other ranges would spring up quickly and take their business, she said oh no they wouldn't, but they did.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Is anything happening at Beech Grove Firearms? I ran into Monica at the post office this last week and said "Hi, how are you doing" but didn't get to talk to her about the gun shop. I guess it's not ever going to be a range anymore. Such a shame, that's the second shooting range that has been lost in Beech Grove.
    Their web site appears to be inactive (old news and not kept up to date) and I never hear anything about them anymore like you used to. I'm sorry to say I don't go there anymore even though I pass by there every day because I just cannot justify any more guns.............well..........maybe a new Ruger, Wrangler? How much are they going for at Beech Grove?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Stopped by 3 weeks ago, they had a sign on the door saying limit max of 5 customers in the shop. I and another guy politely waited about 15 minutes outside, nobody came out, we both left.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I heard from a reputable source that the primary reason BGF will NOT be reopening a range is due to the cost of upgrading the range to comply with new regulations the City would place on it's operation. They would be required to install a suitable fire suppression system that would be cost prohibitive once all the necessary ground work for that system were to be put in place by the City.

I could’ve sworn I posted this as well...you are absolutely correct. I used to work with the owner (outside of the shop) and he told me that in person a couple of years ago.

Top Bottom