• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I have two very large dogs. Both are light sleepers (aren't most dogs?) and bark at strange noises. If the dogs start barking, my wife wakes up to scream at them. The volume is usually something between an F16 carrier launch, and Big Bertha going off. If home invaders brave that onslaught, I have a G21 at 13+1 and two spare mags. BUG is a 365XL w/3 spare mags. If that doesn't work. I'll call Nancy Pelosi, she'll help me out.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    SP-01 Tactical / TLR-1 HL. Only way to stop a bad guy with a hammer is a good guy with a hammer.
    V-Line Slide-away pistol box with simplex lock.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    G17 with Trijicon HD night sights and surefire 300, handheld 600 lumen surefire light next to that, spare mags next to those. 147gr HST's in the mags. I like the variety pack solution.

Probably going to be picking up a Hornady Rapid Safe Night Guard soon. I need a better bedside security solution to what I've got now because it's pretty cheesy.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What is your solution now? I use a Vaultek VE20. Works good.

Vaultek VE20 safe
    My solution now is a glorified tin can $20 thing that has a mechanical dial combination to open or close. It's basically good enough to keep a little kid out of it but a thief would take it and go out the door without the least bit of resistance. I liked how the hornady looked like an alarm clock, but I definitely prefer a mechanic lock verses an electronic pad.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    My solution now is a glorified tin can $20 thing that has a mechanical dial combination to open or close. It's basically good enough to keep a little kid out of it but a thief would take it and go out the door without the least bit of resistance. I liked how the hornady looked like an alarm clock, but I definitely prefer a mechanic lock verses an electronic pad.
    Well, I don't know about the Hornady, but the Vaultek has a keyhole in addition to the keypad. It also comes with a steel cable which I have wrapped around my bed frame. I keep a motion sensor inside the safe as well. I'd get an alert on my phone if it was ever touched or moved.

Paul 7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2023
    Bloomington, IN.
    Bedside is a 18" Aero Precision AR with Streamlight weapon light and a AimPoint, a level IV plate carrier and a 1911 or 2011. AR mags have 36 grain Barnes Varmint grenades at a bit more than 3400 fps. Soft tissue tested for 4" penetration and hard surface tested for no more than 2" penetration. Used to live on a farm in the Ozarks after retirement until health got the better of me. Sheriff was 20 minutes away if I was lucky. Drive was about 1/2 mile long with two driveway monitors, as deer would almost always set off one , but not both. So if second monitor went off on went the plate carrier, AR and went out to see who drove up. AR was very effective on Coyotes who liked my food plots and edges going after my quail and turkeys. I had a good crop of quail and turkey and deer. With land owner permits of 4 deer and 4 turkey per year x 2 with the wifes tags, it paid to keep the 2 legged and 4 legged varimits away.

Top Bottom