• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Pretty spot on commentary. I think many people voted against Trump instead of for Biden. I think many did so because they were told to. The younger(est) generation doesn’t like being told what to do nor what to think. At least they think they don’t. Trump’s persona was too abrasive for them. On the flip side, those same people are being led by the Dems and the liberal (progressive) party.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Pretty spot on commentary. I think many people voted against Trump instead of for Biden. I think many did so because they were told to. The younger(est) generation doesn’t like being told what to do nor what to think. At least they think they don’t. Trump’s persona was too abrasive for them. On the flip side, those same people are being led by the Dems and the liberal (progressive) party.

I find it funny that people claim Trump is abrasive, but being called evil for being white, told you don't know what poverty is because you're white, and that governmental level racial discrimination is a necessity... Is somehow not abrasive?

I think society as a whole just has made a suicide pact. They hated Trump because he didn't promote their suicidal ideology.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ORLY?

Have you looked at the demographics for mask & vaccine acceptance?

And this is more of a commentary on psychology - but why is it that people think they voted and do think on their own free will without influence, yet if someone makes a different choice then it must be because they were influenced or confused?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ORLY?

Have you looked at the demographics for mask & vaccine acceptance?

And this is more of a commentary on psychology - but why is it that people think they voted and do think on their own free will without influence, yet if someone makes a different choice then it must be because they were influenced or confused?

If one is in the pack, they are being led. Indoctrinate when they are young then string them along while they believe themselves to be leading...

The pack works in unison, we rarely see intra pack squabbles, but those not in the pack are fiercely independent and much harder to organize...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If one is in the pack, they are being led. Indoctrinate when they are young then string them along while they believe themselves to be leading...

The pack works in unison, we rarely see intra pack squabbles, but those not in the pack are fiercely independent and much harder to organize...
    Are we talking about the pack that still has "TRUMP 2020" flags?

Suppression of intra-pack squabbles? Yup. Just say they have TDS if they question something.
    Think they're leading and not following? Oh, heck yeah.
    Fiercely loyal to a person? Again, I must have seen twenty flags with one man's name on them just on my MC ride home from the INGO meet.

That's the only pack I see these these days. The liberal democrats are by no means cohesive: you've got the Bernie Bros., the Warrenites, LGBTQIEFAEACE, BLM/ACAB, pro-latinx, the commies, the labor unions...
    They only rallied around the senile Joe for one, solitary reason: beat Trump. That was Joe's entire campaign: "Only I can beat Trump". Very few wanted him as their first choice, but they were willing to compromise to win. Unless the GOP learns that, we're doomed to repeat it.

Eh, nevermind - we'll just cry about how the election was stolen instead of facing reality.

PS - yes, it's rare, but sometimes I click "show ignored content".

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Suppression of intra-pack squabbles? Yup. Just say they have TDS if they question something.
    Fiercely loyal to a person? Again, I must have seen twenty flags with one man's name on them just on my MC ride home from the INGO meet.

That's the only pack I see these these days. The liberal democrats are by no means cohesive: you've got the Bernie Bros., the Warrenites, LGBTQIEFAEACE, BLM/ACAB, pro-latinx, the commies, the labor unions...
    They only rallied around the senile Joe for one, solitary reason: beat Trump. That was Joe's entire campaign: "Only I can beat Trump". Very few wanted him as their first choice, but they were willing to compromise to win. Unless the GOP learns that, we're doomed to repeat it.

Eh, nevermind - we'll just cry about how the election was stolen instead of facing reality.

"you've got the Bernie Bros., the Warrenites, LGBTQIEFAEACE, BLM/ACAB, pro-latinx, the commies, the labor unions..."

Of that list all but the unions are all about destroying the American exceptionalism...

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

And if the GOP keeps shifting left simply to win elections, one day you might wake up with the Overton window sitting squarely over Stalinesque authoritarianism.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And if the GOP keeps shifting left simply to win elections, one day you might wake up with the Overton window sitting squarely over Stalinesque authoritarianism.

The conservatives must educate, particularly younger voters, to counter the indoctrination they received instead of an education. A shift left to get voters is suicide! As Rush always said, true conservatism wins when taught...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shifting left? The past ten to twenty years has seen the GOP shift right as evidenced by Trump vs. G(H)WB, the tea party, the "new squad", the decline of McCain & Romney types.

Should "the party" drive the voters, or should voters drive the party?

You can't stop the countries decline is you aren't in power, and you can't get power unless you win elections, and you can't win elections unless you're popular with voters.

"you've got the Bernie Bros., the Warrenites, LGBTQIEFAEACE, BLM/ACAB, pro-latinx, the commies, the labor unions..."

Of that list all but the unions are all about destroying the American exceptionalism...
    I certainly would say that unions have been excelling at destroying American exceptionalism.
    Why excel when you can rest on seniority and artificial labor contracts?

Regardless of what you ascribe their motivation, they won by uniting against a common enemy, not by being coerced into group think by a boogeyman. They understood the concept of, "united we stand, and divided we fall."

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Shifting left? The past ten to twenty years has seen the GOP shift right as evidenced by Trump vs. G(H)WB, the tea party, the "new squad", the decline of McCain & Romney types.

Should "the party" drive the voters, or should voters drive the party?

You can't stop the countries decline is you aren't in power, and you can't get power unless you win elections, and you can't win elections unless you're popular with voters.

I certainly would say that unions have been excelling at destroying American exceptionalism.
    Why excel when you can rest on seniority and artificial labor contracts?

Regardless of what you ascribe their motivation, they won by uniting against a common enemy, not by being coerced into group think by a boogeyman. They understood the concept of, "united we stand, and divided we fall."
    Could you tell us exactly what are the new far right positions that Trump, Tea Party, the "new squad" are pushing? I am unfamiliar with them. I have not moved. The party has moved to uniparty as evidenced by McConnells admission that they could have passed many of my goals but instead used them as threats to pass if they regain power if Dems do something bad.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We're Americans, and many of us have lived free our whole lives. NONE of us like to be told what to do

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because it is hard to believe that someone who voted the way Kut did is just self-destructively stupid, so we're giving them the benefit of the doubt?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're a tax guy. CBO says Biden's 'nobody making less than $400k a year will pay more taxes' is expected to raise about $370 billion over 10 years. Disributing it evenly, that's $37 billion per year for ten years and does not attempt to model tax avoidance behavior - it is just what could be expected if the wealthy just bent over and took it

Biden wants to spend $6 TRILLION this year alone, over 160x as much. As a thinking man, do you think those numbers add up? Where do you think the revenue will be sought when 'tax the rich' doesn't even make a down payment on what they want to spend? And if they don't attempt to pay it but just pile up the debt, what happens to inflation and the value of the dollar?

Given that, what to do with people that still defend the push towards record spending and drastically increased government dependency? Seems to me it has to be one of three things

1) To stupid to realize they're being fed a bill of goods

2) Think free stuff is free and they'll make out better from all the handouts, don't really understand inflation's effect on prices

3) Know exactly what is happening and believe the capitalist system needs to be destroyed and/or the US needs to be humbled and put in its place

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You're a tax guy. CBO says Biden's 'nobody making less than $400k a year will pay more taxes' is expected to raise about $370 billion over 10 years. Disributing it evenly, that's $37 billion per year for ten years and does not attempt to model tax avoidance behavior - it is just what could be expected if the wealthy just bent over and took it

Biden wants to spend $6 TRILLION this year alone, over 160x as much. As a thinking man, do you think those numbers add up? Where do you think the revenue will be sought when 'tax the rich' doesn't even make a down payment on what they want to spend? And if they don't attempt to pay it but just pile up the debt, what happens to inflation and the value of the dollar?

Given that, what to do with people that still defend the push towards record spending and drastically increased government dependency? Seems to me it has to be one of three things

1) To stupid to realize they're being fed a bill of goods

2) Think free stuff is free and they'll make out better from all the handouts, don't really understand inflation's effect on prices

3) Know exactly what is happening and believe the capitalist system needs to be destroyed and/or the US needs to be humbled and put in its place
    Don't act like I in any way support Biden, or his destructive policies. That's a straw man attack, and you know it.

All I have done is merely explain why others* voted the way they did, and point out that "the other side" isn't so different than you/us when it comes to psychology and motivations.

In reality (and for some it's a hard pill to swallow), 99% of Americans want what's best for America - we just can't agree on what is best. That's been going on since the the 1770's, and hasn't stopped, and will never stop.

* again, I voted for Trump

Top Bottom