• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    All that money from two thrift stores? How involved was the Children's Bureau in his stores? Did he clean out his victim's? I just wonder how he got so much money.
    The stories I read is that the CB got a cut of the profits. Thats it. (with no details) If they advertise that point heavily enough, that can be enough to entice folks to donate more to help the CB, and as a side effect, enriching Herb. So if the public just knows that a popular charity gets money, they wont realize that in this case CB gets 5 cents on the dollar while Herb gets 50 cents on the dollar net, and the other 45% goes to operations. (my random asumption to illustrate how he might get rich)

In addition, to fund the estate, he could have easily leveraged the company as collateral.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    The stories I read is that the CB got a cut of the profits. Thats it. (with no details) If they advertise that point heavily enough, that can be enough to entice folks to donate more to help the CB, and as a side effect, enriching Herb. So if the public just knows that a popular charity gets money, they wont realize that in this case CB gets 5 cents on the dollar while Herb gets 50 cents on the dollar net, and the other 45% goes to operations. (my random asumption to illustrate how he might get rich)

In addition, to fund the estate, he could have easily leveraged the company as collateral.
    And this is why I hesitate to donate much anymore. There's always some CEO of the charity getting buko bucks via non-profit status.

I like to help, but rather help directly to a cause, nearly impossble to do.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And this is why I hesitate to donate much anymore. There's always some CEO of the charity getting buko bucks via non-profit status.

Small local churches probably are one of the best places to help folks in the community, even if one is not a believer. I look for churches that help those truly in need no matter the beliefs of the recipient.

We recently helped a widowed grandmother whose daughter abandoned two young children on her. She is not a member of their congregation but they have the pulse of who genuinely needs help.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My wife and I attended college at the University of Indianapolis. Forensic archeological and anthropological investigations from local LE partner with the archeology department and Dr. Steven Nawrocki. My wife was in the program and got to go assist with the dig when they were still processing the scene.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

This is a good tool. It lets you see how much of what you give actually goes to the mission.

What irritates me are the likes of Wounded Warrior and Goodwill. Both topheavy orgs with overpaid executive teams. (WWP got called out years ago and got better) If you want to make big money, go work in the private sector. Not at Nonprofits.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    My question is, after 26 years does the taxpayers money need to be spent reopening the case to use scientific methods not available years ago?

Fun fact, the Monon Trail goes right through the property you can see the barn and house from the trail…
    You have to ask this question from the standpoint that your son is the one missing.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My question is, after 26 years does the taxpayers money need to be spent reopening the case to use scientific methods not available years ago?

State views the matter as a crime against state....so it will. Then they will pass it off as "justice for the families" though that train has left the station.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    All that money from two thrift stores? How involved was the Children's Bureau in his stores? Did he clean out his victim's? I just wonder how he got so much money.
    I believe his father was a doctor so I’d assume his parents had money. I’m pretty sure he grew up on the north side of Indy and his family had a vacation home up in Michigan.

I’ve read a lot on this but can’t remember it all.

I wouldn’t say the wife knew about the murders but she had to know he was gay and did his gay stuff when she took the kids out of town.

Oh and his son found a skeleton in the woods and told the mom and when she confronted Herb he said it was one of his dads old office skeletons.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    More bones found.

As said years ago, animals likely scattered parts all over the woods.

Now imagine if they do DNA and it came back as somebody who disappeared after he offed himself. Wont that be weird? Sure would be a new wrinkle.

Top Bottom