May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My question is, after 26 years does the taxpayers money need to be spent reopening the case to use scientific methods not available years ago?

Fun fact, the Monon Trail goes right through the property you can see the barn and house from the trail…

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    My question is, after 26 years does the taxpayers money need to be spent reopening the case to use scientific methods not available years ago?

Fun fact, the Monon Trail goes right through the property you can see the barn and house from the trail…
    Tough decision… that one it is

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So here is a summary of my posts (with some color commentary added)

And all this talk of the likes of Hall reminds me of Herb Baumeister. I actually spent a summer at that house. My old boss bought it for a song from Herb's estate. (less than $400k for a 1.5M estate thanks to the controversy/superstition*) Apparently nobody wanted to buy a house with dead bodies in the woods out back. Its a GORGEOUS house. So while I was waiting for him to start another project for me to do IT stuff for, I was a farmhand taking care of horses, and doing what needed to be done. Probably the best summer of my life when you include the access to the water toys on Lake Monroe. But I digress...

They suspect that many gay men who disappeared between Indy and Columbus along I70 may be victims of HB. Because he murdered and buried several men here and was very comfy doing so. And he owned a business in Columbus, so he spent LOTS of time on 70 every week. So its not inconceivable that many of the murders along 70 were actually him.

And what none of the documentaries have adequately explained is exactly how close the graves were to the house. They say it was in the woods behind the house. What they DONT tell you is that the back yard is (was?) only about 10' deep past the patio. I've stood at the kitchen sink looking out the back window at the woods where the bodies were buried not 30-40' away. If she didnt know she was either blind or a F***ing idiot that needed glasses. Personally I think she knew and was in denial. There was no way she didnt see the freshly turned earth just beyond the tree line. Its not like he dragged the bodies 50' into the woods where you couldnt see the graves for the trees.

*Apparently he would bring men back to his house for drinks and a swim in the basement pool, and then would strangle/drown them with a garden hose and then drag them less than 40' out the back door barely into the woods and bury the body. Apparently potential buyers were freaked out due to murders in the house, hauntings, etc. My boss told the cops the first time they asked him to revisit the graves that they could, but on one condition; They could take as long as they wanted. He didnt care... but this was their last drink from the well. He had a wife and two young (3-4YO?) kids so he would not tolerate them repeatedly disrupting their lives. Sure enough they asked again a couple months later and they were told to pound sand.
    -----------------------

"After losing his job at the BMV, Herb Baumeister went through a series of odd jobs to support him and his wife Julie. One of his jobs was at a thrift shop and that gave him an idea to open up his own. With a $4,000 loan from his mother, Herb and Julie opened Sav-A-Lot. According to Wicked We, the store offered household items as well as second-hand clothing. The business was put up in cooperation with the Children's Bureau of Indianapolis, which received a percentage of sales.

The business thrived, with low-income families on a strict budget being most of its customers. Sav-A-Lot brought in $50,000 in its first year of operation, and that pushed the couple to open a second store. It was their success with the thrift store that helped the couple purchase Fox Hollow Farms, an estate with 18 acres of woods and an 11,000-square-foot Tudor-style mansion (via NY Daily News). Little did Julie know that the property would be the last resting place of some of Herb's alleged victims."

----

So apparently there was some confusion (due to a sloppy "professional" journalist) that posted a pic of the Save A Lot GROCERY chain in a story about Herb's THRIFT stores. Combine that with the fact that his thrift store here was later occupied by a drug store, led to confusion as to what he did.

And for the record, I'd HAPPILY live in that house. Its awesome. Including safe rooms hidden in the walk in closets.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Closure for the families
    Is there a line? Number of years? Is it based on circumstances of the crime? In this case the perp is dead, so public safety is not involved in the calculation. I wonder what triggered the reopening?

Maybe instead of taxpayer dollars being spent in this type of case it should be done by the schools the forensic examiners come from.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Gee, I wonder what else he would use that polaroid for? :naughty:

And how Ironic of a statement at the end of the roadkill piece. "It deserved a better fate than that,"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ta9CMOY-e1470405823516.jpg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    All that money from two thrift stores? How involved was the Children's Bureau in his stores? Did he clean out his victim's? I just wonder how he got so much money.

Top Bottom