• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    It's been too quiet here in the Revere's Riders section. Checked their website this morning and found that there's a Battle Road Biathlon coming up in a few weeks! I did this last summer and it was really fun and educational*. Posting here to hopefully drum up some more interest in a unique shooting opportunity. I'm definitely going again!

https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2020-jun-6-bedford-in/

*This isn't a typical instructor led event, so no formal instruction, but just by participating you can learn a lot about new aspects of shooting.

featured_brb_willisburg_2.jpg

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Thanks for the post, Snowdrifter. We've been curtailing our events due to COVID-19, but are now able to conduct events fairly normally with the relaxed restrictions on the size of public outdoor gatherings. I just had surgery for a herniated disk 2 weeks ago, so that didn't help either...

For those unfamiliar with our "Battle Road Biathlon", this is a "summer biathlon" style of event. Think Olympic biathlon but without the snow and cross-country skis. You will alternate shooting 5 shots at targets from standing, seated and prone with running/jogging/walking (your choice) on a short l.25 km loop. Each target missed will incur a lap of the penalty loop. You can find the details at the event page linked above.

This event adds physical stress to your rifle marksmanship. It takes significantly more concentration on your technique to hit a target when you're gassed, huffing and puffing (or even just a little strained from walking) from doing the 1.25 km loop. The competitive ones among us will be especially affected as they will be inclined to let as few people pass them on the running/jogging/walking loop as possible. Don't dismiss this event until you've tried it!

IMPORTANT NOTE: this event is .22LR only due to the design of our custom targets. NO OTHER CALIBERS THAN .22LR WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.

Tickets are just $35.

Battle Road Biathlon - One Day (Bedford, IN)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Last minute bump for a fun event. I've done two of these and will help RO this one.

If we get a couple more signed up, I'll be able to run myself. Y'all can try to beat my rickety old butt! I dare you whippersnappers to give it a try. :;):

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Doh, I need to edit out that url for the 2 day rifle event. My bad.

I forgot to mention, walking is allowed.

Rifles will stay on the firing line & not be carried on course.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom