• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Tree came down on my driveway. Took out other trees, flattened my antique, yard-art hay mower and plow. On the plus side, it complete missed the power lines so the electric company won't be cutting it up for me.

tree1.png

tree2.png

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Tree came down on my driveway. Took out other trees, flattened my antique, yard-art hay mower and plow. On the plus side, it complete missed the power lines so the electric company won't be cutting it up for me.

tree1.png

tree2.png

Glad no major damage!

That tree looks like it was on its last legs, looking at the core of the trunk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Glad no major damage!

That tree looks like it was on its last legs, looking at the core of the trunk

Yes, it appears so. I suppose we could have had an arborist check it every year, but from the outside, it looked pretty decent. My neighbor also lost his tire swing. The tree was right on the property line, but I do not anticipate making an issue of it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yes, it appears so. I suppose we could have had an arborist check it every year, but from the outside, it looked pretty decent. My neighbor also lost his tire swing. The tree was right on the property line, but I do not anticipate making an issue of it.

Yeah. From what I suspect is the canopy from that tree, you definitely wouldn't know it from just looking.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got so dark the auto-chicken door closed and locked out the dumb birds. Kiddo and I had to grab them and toss them in the coop before the rain hit. Of course, the auto-door OPENED while we were doing it, so every bird got caught twice.

Went ahead and locked the door for the night, and retreated just in time.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    In Westfield we got a couple of gusts of wind, couple of rain drops, a couple bolts of lightning and ... that's all folks!

Ok, very light rain continued for a while and scattered lightning but nothing like they were predicting. Actually the light rain over a couple of hours is just what my lawn needed. And now to wake up the mower.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Crazy wind here (Plainfield/Avon area)for a bit and strong rain. Wife had to go out for her business and came back and said several trees down in the front of the neighborhood (we had lost 2 trees back in April ourselves, but thought we the big honey locust out back and even the flag pole might be coming down this time it was blowing so hard from several directions at once).

Top Bottom