• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Help me understand this so I get one little stain on a towel, instant First world crisis! So Mrs.WCD goes out and purchases new towels with what I swear looks like grease stains all over them. I think they were meant to emulate a cow spot pattern. I mean seriously.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Is that Like a Bad Thing lol
    I remember walking into my buddies house a few months after I got married, we had both accumulated quite the car poster collection, mine were all hanging in the garage, his were in his living room, along with a tool chest, miscellaneous car parts, and a couple guns in the corner. I couldn’t help but ask myself what I was thinking!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I may have a very sturdy work bench with a nice vise in my basement "living room"(it only took 4 men to carry it through the sliding glass door(walk out basement). Do to an unfortunate event involving 5 gallons of paint,it does however not have carpet anymore. Oh,and never mind the current 3 metal storage shelving units,they are "temporary"(but so is life right?). I do have a shop building,but it is a bit chaotic and mostly just storage at this point. I have lived here over a year now and rarely use that building.

My upstairs living room is normal with 3 boring sofa's,end tables, and a tv(that has not been even turned on since last winter),and has a curio cabinet filled with things I value(books,ok it is full of books. What, I ran out of space in the 2 book cabinets and did not want to put up shelves in the living room). But it appears to mostly be a normal modern living room. I even have art,a clock, and mirrors on the walls(I felt "inspired" to do it the behest of the last woman I dated).

Yes, I live alone.

Now the towel thing. I do not care what it looks like. It must however be a "good" towel. Luxury soft and absorbent to the point one pass on my arm will suck the humidity out of the room. Cheap thin garbage towels are called shop rags at my house. Even my dog has "good" towels that are separate from the human towels.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Now the towel thing. I do not care what it looks like. It must however be a "good" towel. Luxury soft and absorbent to the point one pass on my arm will suck the humidity out of the room. Cheap thin garbage towels are called shop rags at my house. Even my dog has "good" towels that are separate from the human towels.
    You get NEW towels???

Only my wife gets new towels. I get her hand me down used towels. I am also relegated to the separate small bathroom.
    So sorry man,but no way I am feeling your pain.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Used to keep my Cragar SS rims and tires in the living room for the winter.
    So did I. I even had a piece of thick beveled glass from an old office desk and made a coffee table. Cleaning the tires and rims with a good coat of armor-all kept it classy. Snow tires and front skinnys for the summer coffee table, wide rims and white letters for the winter table. It worked perfectly, at least until I got a wife.

Lpherr

Occupied
    You get NEW towels???

Only my wife gets new towels. I get her hand me down used towels. I am also relegated to the separate small bathroom.
    We get the old towels, because the women don't want to wipe their faces with a towel that has dried our manly pieces.
    Just like soap in the shower. I've been told she doesn't want to think about the last thing I washed.:dunno: Well... it's clean... I used the soap.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I made a coffee table, speaker stands, and an end table out of the old waxed heavy cardboard Miller High Life beer cases, full of empties :40oz:
    The full cases were relegated to a sofa, and dinner table. Have to keep the beverage within arms length.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom