• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    come on people. Think of the children. We need sensible gas stove control laws. Absolutely no reason anyone needs a stove with gas burners. The founding fathers never considered the use of gas stoves when they started this country.
    And flamethrowers are RIGHT out. Those are beyond assault weapons.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    I suspect the gas stove lobby doesn't pay as well as General Mills or Pfizer.
    That's because the companies that would make up a gas stove lobby all make electric stoves too, so its no skin off their back.

My wife and I just bought a new stove, we specifically chose it for the high BTU burners so we could stir-fry with our round-bottom wok. And for those who don't know, a well-seasoned wok is like your grandmother's cast iron skillet, you definitely don't want to have to replace it and I don't know of an electric cooktop that can handle a round-bottom wok.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's because the companies that would make up a gas stove lobby all make electric stoves too, so its no skin off their back.

My wife and I just bought a new stove, we specifically chose it for the high BTU burners so we could stir-fry with our round-bottom wok. And for those who don't know, a well-seasoned wok is like your grandmother's cast iron skillet, you definitely don't want to have to replace it and I don't know of an electric cooktop that can handle a round-bottom wok.

So...the ban is racist against Asians and an attempt to erase their cultural norms around culinary experiences? That'd be the funniest way to push back. Why do you hate Asians?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So...the ban is racist against Asians and an attempt to erase their cultural norms around culinary experiences? That'd be the funniest way to push back. Why do you hate Asians?
    On a related note, whats the difference between Chinese and Japanese?

Chinese wok their dogs. Japanese stir fry them. :joke:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On a related note, whats the difference between Chinese and Japanese?

Chinese wok their dogs. Japanese stir fry them. :joke:
    I work with a Korean man who thinks it's hillariously funny to say he likes to "wok dogs".... I mean it was funny the first four times I heard it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was only around 100 years ago that everyone from the President to store clerk understood that it took 2/3 House, 2/3 Senate, and 3/4 of the States to outlaw the sale of a common product.

If we could get back to that mentality, we wouldn’t have to give two s***s about what some politician thinks.
    That was before progressives figured out it was easier to convince one judge to rule in their favor than all those millions of people. You get one judge (and maybe the hand full of judges that hear the appeals) and you practically have to pass an amendment to counter what a bad judicial decision.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    The next time you read/hear another story about 'banning' gas appliances in the United States think about these products available in Europe and China. Then ask yourself why 'we' should be concerned about 'green' energy.

1674856331046.png

1674856688160.png

And then, be askin' yourself how YOU will get one, once they've cut off our fuel.

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    There has to be some kind of ploy to this. There is no way this will ever be enforced. What I have learned in years past is that things like this are always a ploy for a reaction or a distraction while something else goes in affect. We shall see

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle

Yep, that sounds about right. The hypocrisy of people kills me. And you cannot argue with unreasonable people. I am glad to have open discussion about subject like this and present facts and data, but to people like this, there is nothing that will help. They have blinded themselves and convinced themselves that they are serving good to the community all while doing the same exact thing they’re preaching against

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    After hearing this, I'm tempted to go out and buy a gas range. I need to get my gas run to the kitchen, which I never really considered until now, but it may be time to look into.
    Rebuilding the farmhouse this next year. Went and bought a gas stove yesterday. We figured they wouldn't get any cheaper with the posibility of being restricted somehow.

Don

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    It is almost beyond belief that the libtards and wokes are actually pushing the issue here when there are so many more real issues facing society. For example: homelessness, hunger in Appalachia, crime fighting by means other than gun control and on and on. God, please save America?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There has to be some kind of ploy to this. There is no way this will ever be enforced. What I have learned in years past is that things like this are always a ploy for a reaction or a distraction while something else goes in affect. We shall see
    Don't forget government awards millions to NGOs and billions to states for such 'green' programs and plenty of 'activists' make bank before it goes to the graveyard for ideas never meant to be actually executed

Top Bottom