Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Sounds like it was a spokesperson for the DA that made a comment.

A spokesperson for the DA told the media after the motion was filed that Baldwin's legal team could "use whatever tactics they want to distract from the fact that Halyna Hutchins died because of gross negligence and reckless disregard for the safety on the ‘Rust’ film set."

I also found this part interesting, first time I heard of this.

Yellowstone Film Ranch was the filming location for the Nicolas Cage cowboy movie "The Old Way."

The movie made headlines in October 2021 when "Rust" armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was reportedly involved in an incident that led to Cage walking off set.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

In a plea deal the assistant director that allegedly handed Baldwin the gun pled guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon and was sentenced to a six-month suspended sentence with unsupervised probation, a $500 fine, 24 hours of community service and a firearms safety class.

That seems like a pretty light sentence, even considering he will likely testify against Baldwin. I can’t tell from the article if this is a misdemeanor or a felony.

ETA: Search of New Mexico statutes says this is a “petty misdemeanor.”

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It may not be as bad as it sounds. Sounds like the new lawyers are still investigating.

Recently appointed special prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis are expected to file paperwork soon, perhaps even today, to dismiss the involuntary manslaughter claims against the multi-Emmy-winning actor without prejudice, we hear. That means, as they are set to investigate further into what actually went down that terrible day on the Bonanza Creek Ranch set near Santa Fe, this case could be resurrected in the future.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It may not be as bad as it sounds. Sounds like the new lawyers are still investigating.
    I wouldn’t count on it being resurrected. There are valid complaints about how people of means get different outcomes from our justice system than those that don’t.

Top Bottom