• BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    f77eb60ed882959846a166eeef86d0f5.jpg

Reminds me of a book I read once about a farmer.

I have often asserted the farmer should have just shot the pigs and butchered them out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Some lawyers discussing the interview (all? 3 parts):

Saw this. Everyone on that panel pretty much doesn't know anything about single action revolvers and how they work.

Unless the more modern replica revolver, Pietta I believe that was used in the production had a major malfunction it is highly unlikely the hammer could have been dropped unless Baldwin had pulled the trigger or kept the trigger depressed while cocking the hammer and releasing it or the hammer had been wacked with a hammer while he was holding it maybe but there's no indication that that happened.

Should be pretty easy to determine upon examination and present as evidence one way or another. He's either lying that he pulled the trigger or did'nt realize he had his booger hook on the trigger depressing it while he cocked and released the hammer. If I had to take a guess and was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt I think either of those two possibilities are plausible.

Don't know for sure yet but I am unaware that the single action revolver was found to be defective.

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    From what I have read they were lining up a B camera shot which was straight towards the gun trying to see the rounds in the cylinder. B camera along with the people looking through the monitors connected to it would not have had a great look at what he was doing with his fingers. Now A camera, that operator and those looking through his monitor may have had a very clear view of the actions that Baldwin took.

In the old days with film it was expensive and you did not want to waste it, nowadays with digital they record probably 3x as much stuff as they used to and recording rehearsals is common. I would not be shocked if A camera was recording.

In any case between the two cameras there would have been a few people watching each cameras action closely.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Saw this. Everyone on that panel pretty much doesn't know anything about single action revolvers and how they work.
    Agreed to an extent. My little Heritage Rough Rider has a block pin safety, and a superchat pointed out that she owned a revolver that didn't have this block pin. So it's a little more complicated that just single action or not. Sure, it would've been great to see @Leadeye on the stream, but they seemed to acknowledge that there may be special.

Unless the more modern replica revolver, Pietta I believe that was used in the production had a major malfunction it is highly unlikely the hammer could have been dropped unless Baldwin had pulled the trigger or kept the trigger depressed while cocking the hammer and releasing it or the hammer had been wacked with a hammer while he was holding it maybe but there's no indication that that happened.
    Agreed. I don't know exactly which revolver was used in this. I know LE commented some before on it, but I'm not sure it's been confirmed.

Should be pretty easy to determine upon examination and present as evidence one way or another. He's either lying that he pulled the trigger or did'nt realize he had his booger hook on the trigger depressing it while he cocked and released the hammer. If I had to take a guess and was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt I think either of those two possibilities are plausible.
    Also agreed. I'm sure the sheriff's dept is checking that.

Don't know for sure yet but I am unaware that the single action revolver was found to be defective.
    Agreed yet again. I'm not sure if they've or even would release that information before any arrests would be made. I can't imagine that they'd release too much info on current investigations when decisions to prosecute are pending.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pretty much anyone that has a working knowledge of a properly functioning single action revolver can verify that it will not go off without the trigger being manipulated in some fashion while being cocked unless it was dropped.

This can easily be demonstrated in court. Unless there was a major malfunction when the gun went off Baldwin had to have engaged the trigger in some fashion at some point in the sequence of events.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Is it possible to fire it by dropping the hammer before it got all they way back and locked up? I played with a few revolvers and you can let go I'm sure with enough force to ignite the primer. However, wouldn't the timing be off on the cylinder and not be aligned properly?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is it possible to fire it by dropping the hammer before it got all they way back and locked up?
    Not really on a single action revolver. They have a number of notches (quarter cock, half cock etc.) that are designed to prevent the hammer from dropping until the hammer is all the way cocked and the trigger is depressed. Now the hammer can be dropped if released if the trigger is depressed while cocking.

If I was being kind and I had to take a guess short of the gun malfunctioning I believe Baldwin was depressing the trigger while cocking the hammer without realizing it and it discharged when he released the hammer.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not really on a single action revolver. They have a number of notches that are designed to prevent the hammer from dropping until the hammer is all the way cocked and the trigger is depressed. Now the hammer can be dropped if the trigger is depressed while cocking.

If I was being kind and I had to take a guess short of the gun malfunctioning I believe Baldwin was depressing the trigger while cocking the hammer without realizing it and it discharged when he released the hammer.
    That's how I've done mine with the trigger pulled to bring the hammer down. Mine is a modern double action revolver and I wasn't sure about SAA revolvers.

So no matter how he says it happened he had to pull or had it pulled when he cooked it back.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's how I've done mine with the trigger pulled to bring the hammer down. Mine is a modern double action revolver and I wasn't sure about SAA revolvers.

So no matter how he says it happened he had to pull or had it pulled when he cooked it back.
    Pretty much. Unless there was some sort of malfunction or it was dropped on the hammer the trigger had to have been manipulated and the hammer released on the SAA revolver some time within the cocking sequence to have been discharged.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Just pretend you were in his shoes for a moment, the first thing any normal person would do is start screaming ‘but I didn’t pull the trigger’. Not wait for the lawyers to brief him and say ‘well, the only way out of this is to make something up in the court of public opinion ahead of time’.
    I just find it weird that he waited so long to make that particular statement.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

This explains it quite well. Anyone with any kind of knowledge of how a proper functioning SAA revolver works knows this and that's why Baldwin's account was pretty much debunked by a number of individuals not withstanding a malfunction which has yet to be openly disclosed.

If that's the case it would be pretty easy to determine otherwise Baldwin's account does'nt hold water and it would appear that he's attempting to dodge culpability which would be pretty damaging to his credibility. "It was'nt me! The gun just went off!"

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory

It quotes him as saying, "the world is choking on hate..."

I think, when it comes to him, the world is choking on the BS he expects us to eat...

Top Bottom