Badger Ordnance Dead Level opinions

kawtech87

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nov 17, 2011
Martinsville
My project this year is going to be updating and adding optics to a few of my rifles. Anyone have experience with the Dead Level? I'll be doing as many as probably 4 scopes and I'm wondering if it's worth the investment.

42769vette

Grandmaster
Advertiser
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Oct 6, 2008
south of richmond in
Thanks for the video. I'll try that this weekend on the one I have ready to mount

Ive bought all kinds of expensive stuff over the years (since I do it daily I dont care what it costs if its better). I always revert back to the old faithful feeler gauges, and a good torque wrench (NOT A WHEELER FAT WRENCH, I said good)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nov 17, 2011
Martinsville
@42769vette What torque wrench do you use? I think I have an inch pound torque wrench but I'm not sure it goes down low enough for scope rings. I have a FAT wrench that has worked ok for what I have now but with better quality optics and mounts I'm not above buying a better one.

bwframe

Grayish Man
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Feb 11, 2008
Monroe County
Ive bought all kinds of expensive stuff over the years (since I do it daily I dont care what it costs if its better). I always revert back to the old faithful feeler gauges, and a good torque wrench (NOT A WHEELER FAT WRENCH, I said good)
Torque wrench suggestion please sir?

And while I'm asking for free advice, do you strictly follow manufacturer torque specs or vary according to your own experience? Locktite?

FYI - I've used your feeler guage suggestion for years, after CM referenced that was your advice in an old thread. :ingo:

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
Advertiser
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Oct 6, 2008
south of richmond in
@42769vette What torque wrench do you use? I think I have an inch pound torque wrench but I'm not sure it goes down low enough for scope rings. I have a FAT wrench that has worked ok for what I have now but with better quality optics and mounts I'm not above buying a better one.

There are a lot of good options. I use this one because its accurate, simple, and affordable. Thats really all I need a torque wrench to be.

Top Bottom