• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My project this year is going to be updating and adding optics to a few of my rifles. Anyone have experience with the Dead Level? I'll be doing as many as probably 4 scopes and I'm wondering if it's worth the investment.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Thanks for the video. I'll try that this weekend on the one I have ready to mount

Ive bought all kinds of expensive stuff over the years (since I do it daily I dont care what it costs if its better). I always revert back to the old faithful feeler gauges, and a good torque wrench (NOT A WHEELER FAT WRENCH, I said good)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    @42769vette What torque wrench do you use? I think I have an inch pound torque wrench but I'm not sure it goes down low enough for scope rings. I have a FAT wrench that has worked ok for what I have now but with better quality optics and mounts I'm not above buying a better one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ive bought all kinds of expensive stuff over the years (since I do it daily I dont care what it costs if its better). I always revert back to the old faithful feeler gauges, and a good torque wrench (NOT A WHEELER FAT WRENCH, I said good)
    Torque wrench suggestion please sir?

And while I'm asking for free advice, do you strictly follow manufacturer torque specs or vary according to your own experience? Locktite?

FYI - I've used your feeler guage suggestion for years, after CM referenced that was your advice in an old thread. :ingo:

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    @42769vette What torque wrench do you use? I think I have an inch pound torque wrench but I'm not sure it goes down low enough for scope rings. I have a FAT wrench that has worked ok for what I have now but with better quality optics and mounts I'm not above buying a better one.

There are a lot of good options. I use this one because its accurate, simple, and affordable. Thats really all I need a torque wrench to be.

Top Bottom