• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    I've mentioned how bad it is at my place of employment and it's getting so much worse.
    Then a couple weeks ago, the alternator on my wifes truck took a crap and luckly we just made it home. So, I finally scraped together enough to get an alternator.
    So after I got home yesterday, I decided to change the alternator. I was in the middle of putting the new part on, and everything was going super smooth. Then I get a phone call from my sister. She relayed that my father had went into the hospital for a surgery yesterday morning (that no one even bothered to let me know about) and he suffered a heart attack and passed on the table.
    If someone could have at least informed me that he was having surgery, I could have been there and at minimum, seen him one last time.

RIP Dad.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My family sucks at communicating these kinds of things too. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm so sorry. Losing a parent is awful. Even though it was back in '09, I can still hear mom's words in my ear like it was yesterday "He's gone." (he was in hospice so it wasnt unexpected)

Stay strong and remember the good times. And feel free to tell us about him. We're good listeners.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    if he was like most dads, he probably would rather you been changing the alternator than twiddling thumbs in the waiting room anyway.

sorry for your loss.

"Gotta have opposites, light and dark and dark and light, in painting. It’s like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in awhile so you know when the good times come. I'm waiting on the good times now."

Top Bottom