• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Tried something new on the grill. Used toothpicks to anchor spiral wrapped bacon strips on hot dogs and grill them. I was disappointed. I didn't experience any new taste sensations. I would have been better off serving them separately. Hey, we had corn on the cob. I wonder if you could pull back the shucks, wrap them with bacon, pull the shucks back up, and grill them. What does everyone think?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'm guessing you'd have a lot of silk on the bacon.

When we do 1/4lb beef franks on the grill, I always fry bacon and lay it in the bun along the dog. Way easier than the wrapping and I think it tastes better.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You probably served them up wrong. A bacon wrapped dog should be served Sonoran style for the best taste. Just wrapping something in bacon doesn't guarantee best results.

Bacon Wrapped Sonoran Hot Dogs Recipe-Watch Out Chicago, There?s a New Dog in Town
    Sonoran Hot Dogs

photo+(1).JPG

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Tried something new on the grill. Used toothpicks to anchor spiral wrapped bacon strips on hot dogs and grill them. I was disappointed. I didn't experience any new taste sensations. I would have been better off serving them separately.

If you're going to wrap them, pan-frying or cooking them in the oven works better than the grill. Alternatively, smoking them until the bacon is crisp takes a while, but will blow your freakin' mind.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Wrap in bacon, attache bacon with a couple of tothpicks....deep fry in peanut oil or vegetable oil...until bacon is done. Drain on paper towel and serve in a fresh steamed bun with you r favorite hot dog toppings.

You can also dip the bacon clad hot dog in corn dog batter and fry it that way too. Bacon wrapped corn dogs....MMMmmmmm

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    wrap Hebrew National beef franks with your favorite bacon.
    fry in skillet until bacon is done to your liking.
    dip bacon wrapped franks in corn dog batter.
    fry corn dogs as you normally would.
    enjoy...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Tried something new on the grill. Used toothpicks to anchor spiral wrapped bacon strips on hot dogs and grill them. I was disappointed. I didn't experience any new taste sensations. I would have been better off serving them separately. Hey, we had corn on the cob. I wonder if you could pull back the shucks, wrap them with bacon, pull the shucks back up, and grill them. What does everyone think?

I like the hot dogs and bacon thing, but on the grill there's too much grease and flareup for me. I do them under the broiler.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    enjoy...

Heh heh, Hebrew franks wrapped in bacon. Definitely haram.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I sometimes do bacon-wrapped hot dogs (Nathan's or Hebrew National rock btw) over the campfire. After the dogs are done, I put them in the bun with a little cheese, ketchup, mustard and relish, then wrap them up in foil and throw them on the coals for 3 or 4 minutes, turning frequently. Steams the bun and melts the cheese. You have to put on less condiments than you normally would I've found, or they get awfully messy.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    We did up a bunch of those last summer at a couple INGO meat/eat and shoots up here. They were deep fried though and very delicious.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I made bacon-wrapped dogs stuffed with cheese, and my husband proclaimed them the best hot dogs ever. Maybe I shouldn't have started that!
    How do you stuff them with cheese? Are they pre-stuffed? what kind of cheese? Tell us more.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    enjoy...
    Feel free to deliver some at any locale in Greenfield that you choose. I'm willing to give them a try! :): :): :):

Top Bottom