• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Currently, I have my Scorpion in a nice little backpack. Unassuming because it doesn't scream tactical but I just recently finished modding my AR pistol and want that around as a backpack truck gun. It's 10.5 in barrel with a Law folder + brace, so it folds nicely to a length about 23 inches. So anybody have ideas for a relatively good priced backpack that can fit something like that?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'd suggest looking at the osprey line if backpacks. They are amazing and come in many sizes. They are a bit pricey but they last year's. My every day bag I carried for 4 or 5 years and it still looks great, a bit dirty but still solid.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    23” is pretty good sized, about what my first AR pistol was. I toted it around in an Oakley Icon backpack, and it barely fit. The Icon is a very good sized backpack, but was barely enough for the pistol and still zip.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This dry bag has shoulder straps and comes in different colors...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L7UIRJ2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

81UE6154TgL._SL1500_.jpg

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have been looking for the same type of set up for some time. I have found the following during my search.

Kinetic Development Group KDG Apparition Bag / Pack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY1KBC...colid=D4XFQYVULGRZ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Elite Survival Systems STEALTH - Covert Operations Backpack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WBXBJC...colid=D4XFQYVULGRZ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The first one you posted Mac from military arms channel really likes it. I think it looks more like a hiking bag then you would see out in the urban areas. The second one I don’t think the main compartment is wide enough for a folding stock adapter, that’s why in the picture it shows the AR in two pieces side-by-side.

That’s why I went with the elite concept bag.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So I'm a little curious on the end use of your pack. Is this a storage bag that's staying in the car all the time, or are you going to actually hike or do something outdoorsy with this backpack, or do you have something else in mind?

If you want to blend in with hikers, look completely civilian, and have some back packing functionality with it I'd agree completely on the Osprey brand of products. They are solid built and anyone who hikes or gets outdoors has at least heard of the brand name. If you're looking for a bag that's going to just store the gun 99% of the time then there are much cheaper options than an Osprey. If you're looking for for waterproof or in the water activities then a dry pack like the seal line boundary line may be worth looking into also. You have a LOT of options out there as backpacks are like candy for outdoors people and they get bought all the time. If you're trying to save money, buy a great branded backpack used on ebay and you have the potential to save a ton of $$ if you can live with a cosmetic smudge or something like that.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    The first one you posted Mac from military arms channel really likes it. I think it looks more like a hiking bag then you would see out in the urban areas. The second one I don’t think the main compartment is wide enough for a folding stock adapter, that’s why in the picture it shows the AR in two pieces side-by-side.

That’s why I went with the elite concept bag.

Let me preface this with - I don't have either of these bags and I have never even seen them. They are a couple bags I've looked at online during my search for a backpack. So with that said and for what it's worth; on Amazon, the question was asked:

Q:*Is there enough room for a Folding stock like the law tactical. It's about 4 1/2 inches thick when folded.

A:*Pretty close I got 4 inches but could stretch another 1/2 inches 25 high depends on what u put in next pouch up I've got timberline breaching tool so it run nearly full length of pouch in front.

Amazon Customer · 2 years ago

A:*Yes it will be fine. I have a law tactical everything is great

Ron · 2 years ago

A:*Yes it is made for a folding stock short-barrel weapon with Velcro straps to hold the weapon in place.

Bill R. · 2 years ago​

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So I'm a little curious on the end use of your pack. Is this a storage bag that's staying in the car all the time, or are you going to actually hike or do something outdoorsy with this backpack, or do you have something else in mind?

If you want to blend in with hikers, look completely civilian, and have some back packing functionality with it I'd agree completely on the Osprey brand of products. They are solid built and anyone who hikes or gets outdoors has at least heard of the brand name. If you're looking for a bag that's going to just store the gun 99% of the time then there are much cheaper options than an Osprey. If you're looking for for waterproof or in the water activities then a dry pack like the seal line boundary line may be worth looking into also. You have a LOT of options out there as backpacks are like candy for outdoors people and they get bought all the time. If you're trying to save money, buy a great branded backpack used on ebay and you have the potential to save a ton of $$ if you can live with a cosmetic smudge or something like that.

Basically, as I wrote, it's for a truck gun. So, when I travel around and walk from my home to my car outside to toss a bag into the trunk, I don't want it to scream "tactical". For hiking, I am looking for other bags

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Basically, as I wrote, it's for a truck gun. So, when I travel around and walk from my home to my car outside to toss a bag into the trunk, I don't want it to scream "tactical". For hiking, I am looking for other bags

Basically anything you find that you like will work then, so long as the gun fits in there.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Go to goodwill and find a good old tennis racquet bag for the gun. While you're there spend another $10- $12 (if you don't already have these items) and litter the area around the tennis racquet bag with an old rusty golf club, battered baseball helmet, glove, maybe an old broken wooden racquet...hopefully a nosy neighbor or stranger at the grocery store glancing in there (or even a common thief) would see it and think "junk. no thanks. move on."

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    I don't know what "good priced" is for you, but I would highly recommend a Vertx Gamut or Gamut Plus. They are very well made and fit a folded 11.5 pistol quite nicely. The only issue is they're on the expensive end.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    Currently, I have my Scorpion in a nice little backpack. Unassuming because it doesn't scream tactical but I just recently finished modding my AR pistol and want that around as a backpack truck gun. It's 10.5 in barrel with a Law folder + brace, so it folds nicely to a length about 23 inches. So anybody have ideas for a relatively good priced backpack that can fit something like that?
    Can you send me a PM ?

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    3VGEAR....is my go to

Top Bottom