• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Just a rehash...I too felt unwelcomed and if I were bothering him. Is answers were very short and not helpful. I see LEO's there all the time and have heard he deals with ALOT of them. Guess he's got their buisness but he's not getting mine!

A10WEAPONSGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    reviving an old thread but i too felt unwelcomed at B&H a few years ago but lately i've been in there twice in the last month and he has been more than welcoming and actually smiled haha. maybe you guys should give him another chance...but i could still be wrong and he was just having a good day!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I drove by that shop many times and wondered about how he could stay in business in that part of town. It is in a very rough part of the Fort, and I was surprised it had not bee robbed to the point of moving or shutting down. Now I understand. If it is the LEO hang out, no one in their right mind will bother it. Sounds like it is a LEO only shop.

I am closer to Tomlinson's in Churubusco, anyway, and those folks always treat me well.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I drove by that shop many times and wondered about how he could stay in business in that part of town. It is in a very rough part of the Fort, and I was surprised it had not bee robbed to the point of moving or shutting down. Now I understand. If it is the LEO hang out, no one in their right mind will bother it. Sounds like it is a LEO only shop.

I am closer to Tomlinson's in Churubusco, anyway, and those folks always treat me well.

I've been to B&H's a couple of times...he's been 'sorta' helpful...but won't do anything that takes him out of his way to really help!

I agree...Tomlinson's in 'Busco has always been very polite and helpful with every question I've ever had!

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    I had a very poor experience with B & H firearms here in Fort Wayne. I had been in before to check out selection & price (nether were very good). I went in again, looking for a box of 9mm ammo I could tell it was a “good OL boys club” and I was not really welcome. Despite the ample amount they refused to sell me just one box. He told me that since I was not a customer of his that he would not sell me the ammo. He would only sell ammo to people whom previously bought firearms from him. He could not afford to fun out and for his customers to buy ammo elsewhere and decide to start buying there fire arms there also. I have probably been to about every gun store, dicks & Wal-Mart within 30 miles to purchase ammo and have never been denied. I have never had a worse experience shopping anywhere for anything else in my life. :xmad:
    With the economy in the condition it is and the immense competition in the firearms sales today I simply cannot understand anyone turning away any business. I believe he has his business felicity completely ass backwards. Instead of me becoming a “customer of his” I will continue to be a customer of someone else & will continue to purchase my firearms elsewhere. I would suggest you do the same.
    I've been in there numerous times but he's never had a firearm in stock that I wanted to buy with the exception of a Colt New Service .45 Colt that, in my opinion, was overpriced. I had the same response from him when I asked to purchase some ammunition. He'd not sell me any since I'd never bought a gun from him. I believe he mostly caters to local police but that's just my opinion.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom