• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jr1010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Lake county
    Has anyone submitted for a first time non-resident AZ permit recently? I'm wondering if they do or do not require proof of class completion.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Has anyone submitted for a first time non-resident AZ permit recently? I'm wondering if they do or do not require proof of class completion.
    I haven't but I believe they require "adequate documentation which demonstrates firearms safety competence". So I'd assume so, what classes would qualify I have no idea.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    Not exactly recent, but I had to show proof in 2017. But it does get you a few more states than just the IN LTCH, so it's worth it in my opinion if your planning on travel to the SW. (Nevada & New Mexico I believe) Also, the AZ DPS site does still reference this requirement, here it is:

A.R.S. 13-3112-N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My son was stationed in AZ he said you don't need a permit if you open carry. That means owb. You can still put a shirt or jacket over it and it's still considered open carry.

Top Bottom