Auto loading .308 that doesn't kinda suck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I have the Springfield Saint Victor, don't use it too often so statistically I can't say much about when mines don't work. I feel like a LMT or a DD V3 would be similar to an AR-10? I would say the M1A is kinda pricey for what it can do. I personally like the AR-10 platform, a nice flat top with a mono rail makes it easy to mount optics and lights.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Talkinghalls

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2020
    NW Indiana
    My dad and I built two FN-FALs together back in 2008, I couldn’t even give a rough estimate on how many rounds we’ve sent down them. Love it way more than my AR. Although the memory tied to building the FN with him may skew my opinion.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    In order of pleasant to shoot:
    LMT MWS 308 16"barrel. Butter!

Arizona Response Systems HB FAL. Quarter size 100yd 10 shot groups with random NATO ammo.

SA M1A. TRW everything but bolt and of course receiver.

Almost everything else.

Big guy swinging a softball bat to your shoulder.

HK 91.

MH

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Can't speak to the suck part, but this just showed up in the classy's.

Gent's a long time good guy INGOer, that I have traded with in the past. Guy also has a YouTube channel (all should check out.) This budget rifle might have been reviewed?

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Hey INGO! I haven't posted in a while but I've been perfecting my lurking skills. Seems we've lost some good people.... sad to see. CM was a friend and I didn't know BT personally but enjoyed his posts. RIP guys.

MAC posted a video the other day about why AR-10s kinda suck. My brother has expressed interest in getting into an AR-10 despite my best efforts to talk him out of it (I just don't think he realizes how big of a can of worms AR-10s can be) I haven't shown him MAC's video yet but he lays it out pretty well. How no two AR-10s are alike and it can be very hard to make one reliable. So it got me thinking. What auto loading (AR-10s and others) are out there that don't kinda suck. I'm not sure his budget but what does INGO think about 30 caliber auto loaders?

My list in no particular order:

IWI Galil 7.62
    IWI Tavor 7
    LMT MARS-H
    DD5 V3
    NEMO XO
    M1A

The most affordable are probably the M1A and DD5. My personal suggestion would be the LMT MARS-H as I have personal experience with LMT products. I own 3 now and I blame INGO entirely for it lol. No real opinions on the IWI guns and the Gali seems hard to find reviews on. T7 seems well reviewed. The real off the wall one is the NEMO and I can't seem to find anything about them anywhere which is good in a way but bad also.

Hard No to PTR and DSArms. To many horror stories.

What say INGO?
    My two favorite are the FN FAL and Ruger sfar. The FAL is extremely pricey but its a rugged and well built firearm. The sfar costs about $1200. Its lightweight and runs like a gem

Top Bottom