• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Anyone hear anything about this? I know there has been some arm chair lawyering around various forums discussing the ATFs move to indicate that a Trust is not a person (in order to force CLEO sign offs) may have opened a door to get around the Hughes Amendment, letting trusts (not individuals) Form 1 new machineguns. If this is true and the ATF did accidently let one through, could this be an opening for a lawsuit to crack it wide open? Probably not, I guess, but I can dream. A few hundred bucks for a quality lower and a $200 stamp sounds lot more friendly to my wallet than the $15k I was looking at spending next year on a registered receiver M16.

ATF Just Approved the First New Civilian Machine Gun in 28 Years. By Accident. - The Truth About Guns

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This would be at least one step toward returning to constitutional standards--making it so that the prohibited infringement is at least not financially prohibitive.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If anything, this will hurt trusts, not help. I would hate for this to go to court.

Why? Would you rather the trust go to court when someone is facing 10 years in club fed? I want to see all the cards played sooner rather than later.

And you bet I would 3 pin every AK build if this holds.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why? Would you rather the trust go to court when someone is facing 10 years in club fed? I want to see all the cards played sooner rather than later.

And you bet I would 3 pin every AK build if this holds.
    Amen!
    i hope they take the atf to court on this and win. Eventualy our constitutional rights will be won back and all these 'unicorn fart' rules rules illegal.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    While I know this may help the ATF force Trust transfers through CLEO signature (which is annoying), that's the direction they are going anyway. If we are going to be stuck with that, at least we could get Form 1 machineguns into the mix. I know I would Form 1 the heck out of my collection (hell, I'm already doing that for a bunch of SBRs... just not with ARs, since there is no real point with the new arm brace thing).

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For so long people were of the mindset of "oh don't even get on the atf radar." (So as up thread still are) but I think now people are just fed up with having the boot on their necks for the last 25 or so years and I'm thrilled to see big name companies esentialy challenging the atf, who is not THE LAW as much as they like to play and create administrative things. So places like sig are challenging these BS NFA laws with things like the SIG arm brace, and we need to support these endeavors. Also endeavors to through the courts repeal these outright wrong and unjust NFA laws!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    You know, I would definitely make some high quality scans of that approved Form 1 before I sent it back in, just to frame and keep as a souvenir.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    I just saw this thread, but I thought I would give you guys an update of some of the happenings on arfcom and behind closed doors.

What we know is that several stamps were approved and sent out.

At least 2 have been confirmed as manufactured on those stamps.

2 well respected lawyers on arfcom are functioning as a rally point and are actively strategizing so they can take this to court.

At the same time there are several of us working behind the scenes to aid and abet those legal actions.

We have been getting anyone who has received an approval or a denial, or built a machine gun, in contact with the legal minds already hard at work.

Further we have been in contact with organizations and individuals willing to help.

This is going to be a tough fight, but there is a very good chance we can strike a critical blow to key pieces of anti gun legislation.

When we know more I will make an effort to keep you all informed.

And if you are a possible plaintiff in this case I can get you in contact with legal counsel.

Top Bottom