• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Seems the ATF (or AFT depending on what president you ask) is out to redefine just what a firearm is...
    Looks as if they're trying to call an "upper receiver" a firearm itself unless I read it wrong...

If it has these parts...

"including, but not limited to, any of the following: hammer, bolt, bolt carrier,"

it's a firearm...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems the ATF (or AFT depending on what president you ask) is out to redefine just what a firearm is...
    Looks as if they're trying to call an "upper receiver" a firearm itself unless I read it wrong...

If it has these parts...

"including, but not limited to, any of the following: hammer, bolt, bolt carrier,"

it's a firearm...

If this is true and they classify upper receivers as a 'firearm" then wouldn't they need to be serialized? There are literally millions of upper receivers out there without serial numbers. Are they all of a sudden gonna be illegal?

This would be some seriously stupid ****ed up **** if it were to be the case.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It also mentions "firing pin, striker, or slide rails" in that case it would mean every single upper whether it's a rifle or a handgun under this reclassification would require a serial number if it appears to be what they're proposing. Does this only pertain to newly manufactured and or imported? Who the hell knows?

Again. What about the millions of uppers, both rifle and handgun already out there without serial numbers?

Once again it appears that the ATF is purposely creating confusion as to just WTF they are actually proposing.

They need to be disbanded post haste.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It also mentions "firing pin, striker, or slide rails" in that case it would mean every single upper whether it's a rifle or a handgun under this reclassification would require a serial number if it appears to be what they're proposing. Does this only pertain to newly manufactured and or imported? Who the hell knows?

Again. What about the millions of uppers, both rifle and handgun already out there without serial numbers?

Once again it appears that the ATF is purposely creating confusion as to just WTF they are actually proposing.

They need to be disbanded post haste.
    Disbanded? How about prison until the Second Coming of Christ?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I can't help but wonder how many FFL's see this as a potential uptick in their business activity.
    My FFL doesn't see it that way. He and I both see this as nothing but an infringement of our Right. Just like the last time I bought some Stag lowers and the NICS arbitrarily decided it would be 10 days without a proceed instead of the 3 days the law states. Because of the ATF and the current Puppet in Chief. I believe Unintended Consequences is more of a cookbook than fiction.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    The rule says they won't be changing any existing classifications, so since the upper isn't a firearm now it won't be in the future. Nothing is changing on this front, they are just clarifying that they have the power to determine which part is the "firearm" for split receivers, due to court rulings saying the lower isn't a firearm because it doesn't contain all of the fire control components

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    **** em

What I owned a year ago today was legal and I no longer give two shits what the ****ing lunatics in DC say, do, want, hope for or "accomplish".

Don't start nuttin, won't be nuttin. Leave me the **** alone.
    **** these rotten bastids. My give a **** with this crap is gone.

Top Bottom