At what point should I contact the ATF with questions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    Filed for a suppressor via E-file on a trust. This is a first for me. Been 8 1/2 months now. Should I try and find out what is up or am I around the normal time frame and need to relax?. I saw somebody here had a submission rejected due to a bad photo. Starting to get a little nervous. I'm not getting any younger. LOL.

KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    OK. OK. I get it. I don't like the ATF or any of that crap either. But the fact of the matter is my suppressor isn't going to be released to me until that alphabet agency gives me the go ahead. I was just trying to get some advice to make sure I get the goods I had to pay the King to possess.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Was the atf at Ruby ridge and Waco or was that the fbi? It's hard to keep track of all those damn criminal originations.

Both.

Homework is your friend.

The successful kill rate per shot was higher at Ruby Ridge.

Waco was putting points on a board.

They can all go straight to Hell as far as I am concerned.

When that ****** Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi deprives the world of his company, the smoker is on go and the drink is on flow.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    OK. OK. I get it. I don't like the ATF or any of that crap either. But the fact of the matter is my suppressor isn't going to be released to me until that alphabet agency gives me the go ahead. I was just trying to get some advice to make sure I get the goods I had to pay the King to possess.

True.

I like my worst dog more than those SOBs.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Two different reps at Silencer Shop at the NRA convention said waits are just over 9 months. So I’ll cross my fingers for you that you are close.

I’ve got one I’m waiting on. Was hoping it would be done by deer season, but it’s not looking good.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    The wait times as reflected in the reddit nfa approval thread seem to be coming down a bit from the 270 day mark they were at a month or two ago. The average right now looks more like 250 with quite a few in the 230 range or lower. Despite what the previous posters would have you think, I doubt an inquiry will initiate any raids but will likewise yield little to no information or results. Your day is getting close.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Filed for a suppressor via E-file on a trust. This is a first for me. Been 8 1/2 months now. Should I try and find out what is up or am I around the normal time frame and need to relax?. I saw somebody here had a submission rejected due to a bad photo. Starting to get a little nervous. I'm not getting any younger. LOL.
    It doesn't hurt anything to check on the status of your submission.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    The wait times as reflected in the reddit nfa approval thread seem to be coming down a bit from the 270 day mark they were at a month or two ago. The average right now looks more like 250 with quite a few in the 230 range or lower. Despite what the previous posters would have you think, I doubt an inquiry will initiate any raids but will likewise yield little to no information or results. Your day is getting close.

Mine was 251 days, efile form 4 through Silencer Shop

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    My last one was submitted Nov '21 and approved in Oct '22. So almost a year. I wouldn't even bother with a phone call to Martinsburg till month 11

Top Bottom