Asking Real Questions for Real Answers! Is there a Path Forward?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    This is my safe space to ask questions outside the context of a political discussion! I am trying to ask these questions as nonconfrontational as possible but give enough background for why I ask them. It's a fine line! I am hoping we can agree on the background and focus on the questions but if the background info is REALLY way off in your opinion, let me know.

QUESTION 1: I hear RINO a lot when discussing the Republican party. One thing I found confusing about Trump was his hiring and firing.

As the Republican party stands today, are there any Republican politicians that people formerly known as Trump Supporters believe represents them? Why?
    Was anyone considered loyal during his entire term (I would exclude family members)?
    I don't really think so. Trump may not have drained the swamp, but he exposed it, and it is far deeper than a lot of people thought.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I don't know how I got thrown in there. I voted for Trump both times. I just didn't like the willingness of the party to spend like drunken sailors under him just like they did under Bush. I didn't like McCain or Romney. But, yes, I did vote for them in the general because, no, I am not willing to just the Dems win because I am throwing a temper tantrum.
    I accept your correction.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    RINO: Republican In Name Only.

It was used as an insult by the completely bought & paid for, career political party members and politicians.

The problem with 'Extremists' is when there is a line *YOU* won't cross, there are dozens willing to run across it,
    Then *YOU* are 'The Enemy', not extreme enough, therefore not a 'True Believer'.

Big business will always move to run government, BELIEVEING they can do it better.
    It's greed motivated, workers die, workers don't need money/a life, they need to do more WORK to make them richer, more powerful.

Religious extremists are the same way,
    Always wanting to exert more control, gain more power over the population.
    Strictly a wealth & power ego trip.

This was the reason the US government was built & designed to limit the power of big business, religion, ect.
    With checks & balances to limit power.

Right 'Wing', Left 'Wing' congress members, all bought & paid for politicians that spend an average of 32 years in seats of power, that keep voting THEMSELVES more money, more powers, more immunity.

It's entirely up to you if you study the Constitution, read an actual education in the Constitution by the framers of that Constitution, these documents still exist.
    It's also up to you if you participate in the extremists PROPAGANDA campaigns,
    These will always wrap themselves in the flag (claiming 'Patriotism', carrying a Bible, spouting 2nd amendment rights, and trying to sway you under false flags),

The end result is always more power & wealth secured at the top with the financers of this propaganda.
    (Follow the money, find the motive)

The absolute genius of the Constitution is "We The People" can change it with a 2/3 majority, grass roots movement.
    By dividing "We The People" there will never be a 2/3 majority for things like Term Limits for congress, for example...
    Power & wealth retained for decades with the same people continuing to make decisions that damage the working class/middle America.

Divisionism works quite well, particularly when there is a well financed, well organized opposition stepping in to fill any power vacuum between divisions.

This democratic republic can only commit suicide, which we are seeing big steps towards right now...
    RINO, is an accurate description of republicans that vote like democrats. Nothing more, nothing less...

What in the constitution limits business or religion? Nothing I know of.

The constitution says the government cannot impose a religion, not that religion cannot affect government...

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    ...I believe the statement has been attributed to Malcolm X that a "ballot is a bullet." You only get to use it once. If you don't see anyone worth using it on...you keep in in your pocket....
    "Don't be throwing out any ballots. A ballot is like a bullet. You don't throw your ballots until you see a target, and if that target is not within your reach, keep your ballot in your pocket."
    -- Malcolm X Shabazz, "The Ballot or the Bullet" (1964)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "Don't be throwing out any ballots. A ballot is like a bullet. You don't throw your ballots until you see a target, and if that target is not within your reach, keep your ballot in your pocket."
    -- Malcolm X Shabazz, "The Ballot or the Bullet" (1964)

Some even send multiple rounds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh! I know! This is Trump's fault because he said mean things on Twitter! If it weren't for that, they could have voted for him and prevented our guns from being banned or confiscated or taxed into oblivion!

1611441857277.png

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The silence from the resident Biden-bots is deafening, at least so far.
    I don't understand how they can show their faces around here and still pretend to value the 2nd Amendment after voting for all the gun control they can get.

But they'll claim they had other reasons, they value our rights, all that bull**** and really actually think we believe them. Personally, I don't believe them. And I hope nobody else buys their ****.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The silence from the resident Biden-bots is deafening, at least so far.
    Nah, we’re here. And I think I speak for everyone when I say that Biden’s plan should be fiercely opposed. I don’t support it and plan to make my voice heard on it. Insofar as do I regret voting for him. No, I do not. I am, currently, happy with my vote, and glad the alternative is out of office. While I support the 2A, I am not a one issue voter. If I think someone is a threat to multiple other things I hold dear, I can weigh the scales, on the overall benefit. If that upsets some people, fine. I’m not bother at all by what other people think.

Top Bottom