• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Dang it scrubbed...... hoping for Monday, so I can watch. Friday I gotta work, so yes the whole program should cater to me.........I keed, I keed....

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Scrubbed due to an engine bleed issue, and now reading there may be a crack on a flange in the core stage. I've generally been of the mind that despite the enormous expenditure and constant delays, we should still try to get as much out of SLS/Orion as we can for the first few Artemis missions, but I'm increasingly wondering if that's not just me succumbing to the sunk cost fallacy and that maybe we should hand all the spacecraft development for the program over to SpaceX after all.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I don't know if this has been posted, if so, mods please remove. Is anyone else here channeling their inner space geek with the soon to launch Artemis mission? I was a kid during the Apollo missions, and was just amazed with us going to the moon. This upcoming mission doesn't seem to be getting near the attention....I guess "we've been there"......... We're going back to the moon people! it's been 50, count them 50 years since we last went, much less stepped foot on it....this is cool!!! Can I get a "heck yeah"!!!! ??

How did it go?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    27 Sept is the supposed new launch date....
    Pretty sure I heard on TV that it has been delayed again due to the storm.

Going along with the Babylon Bee article, it's kind of funny that they have made a big deal about the launch director being a woman and they are never ready to go. I'm sure it will happen eventually, but there is a touch of humor in it.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Due to the potential for a hurricane the Sept 27 launch has been “waived” in preparation to roll back to the protection of the assembly building

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Boeing’s involvement in this rocket is a complete failure. NASA has been a party to laundering money through this contract and the Starliner contract to Boeing. NASA has a thriving commercial partner that they could use for the entire mission. Instead they choose to waste time and money on an Apollo look alike. This entire mission seems to have come from the idea that there was money on the table that was being threatened to be lost so they gathered up all the extra parts and filled in the blanks with new hardware just to not lose what money had been appropriated. NASA left the space exploration business decades ago to concentrate on global warming because they felt that was where the money was. They need to stay in their chosen lane and let the new professionals worry about space.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Boeing’s involvement in this rocket is a complete failure. NASA has been a party to laundering money through this contract and the Starliner contract to Boeing. NASA has a thriving commercial partner that they could use for the entire mission. Instead they choose to waste time and money on an Apollo look alike. This entire mission seems to have come from the idea that there was money on the table that was being threatened to be lost so they gathered up all the extra parts and filled in the blanks with new hardware just to not lose what money had been appropriated. NASA left the space exploration business decades ago to concentrate on global warming because they felt that was where the money was. They need to stay in their chosen lane and let the new professionals worry about space.
    SLS and the Boeing involvement has been about nothing more than keeping Shuttle contractors on the payroll. Those companies pay campaign contributions.

It really doesn't matter if it ever flies, the whole thing is same old grifting.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm excited about us going back to the moon, and I'm also excited about Space X's efforts. I think Elon is the guy to do it all...Moon, Mars.....

NoSaintJoe

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2022
    Elkhart
    I have been watching with interest.
    we have been told for years the reasons we didn’t go back to the Moon. We only went to beat the USSR there.

now we are going back to beat China there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Supposed to try and launch again tomorrow.

iu

Would it have killed them to put a fresh coat of paint on that thing? It's got more rust on it than my '97 Dodge Ram.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I have been watching with interest.
    we have been told for years the reasons we didn’t go back to the Moon. We only went to beat the USSR there.

now we are going back to beat China there.
    A gun forum I used to belong to had a conspiratorial old gramp who swore up-and-down the only reason we hadn't gone back to the moon, is the new mission would discover the previous one never happened.

I am absolutely positive he thinks we're going now, to plant faked evidence before the Chinese get there.

Where's ATM when you need him...

Top Bottom