Arsenal Firearms Strike One, any updates?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    OK so the Arsenal Firearms Strike One pistol has been discussed on this forum since the beginning of 2014.
    The gun is available, but in my humble opinion - too expensive for what it is.

What I want to know is, did anyone here obtain one and have some real life experience with this gun?
    One of the major concerns was it would be another "Caracal" debacle, where the gun would start to become popular and then design flaws would mandate massive recalls.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I see there is no interest in this gun. Or there is nothing to add to the previous discussions.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    It is a very cool looking pistol. I have been eyeing them since they were announced. Read a few reviews and overall people like them. I have just been hesitant to buy one because they are expensive, unproven in the long term and they only come with one magazine...and spares are $43.00!!!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It is a very cool looking pistol. I have been eyeing them since they were announced. Read a few reviews and overall people like them. I have just been hesitant to buy one because they are expensive, unproven in the long term and they only come with one magazine...and spares are $43.00!!!

That is what I have thought. Nice looking gun, very expensive and unproven over time.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I would like to handle one just to satisfy my curiosity, just the fact that the rear sight is integrated with the back plate of the slide turns me totally off.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    At this point this is what I gather about the current standing of this gun.

Pro's:
    Extreme Low Bore Axis
    Fit & Finish Excellent
    Accurate (reported on internet 15 yards bench average of 5-shot groups is about 1.75")

Con's:
    Expensive
    Rear Sight Integrated Part of the Slide
    Has not been out long enough or used by enough people to be a proven platform. Potential exists for another "Caracal" type recall debacle.

Jabberwocky

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Muncie
    I'd like to BTT this thread. I am interested in buying a Arsenal AF1 Strike One 9mm. and had hoped for feedback from anyone who has owned or shot one.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    they are not going to be sold here anymore. Last I heard ZEV was going to introduce a product improved licensed
    strike one that fixed most of the issues users complained of

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    they are not going to be sold here anymore. Last I heard ZEV was going to introduce a product improved licensed strike one that fixed most of the issues users complained of
    Thanks for the info.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've been kind of excited to see this gun since the MAC video. Sounds solid, I'm also curious to see the street price.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    The price he mentions in the video is ~300 less then they go for now. If street price is around 600 that's close enough to compete. My big issue with the current S1 is the grip angle. It's somewhere between classic Star Trek phaser and a loaf of bread. It's like glock, but worse. Still, the trigger is amazing, and it may be worth the try.

Top Bottom