• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ironically, my 300BO does not like subs. It keyholes with the 1:8 twist. Running supers in it unsuppressed is a lot of fun but it does not make you many friends in shooters in adjoining stalls at an indoor range
    My buddy tried the 220gr it was none stop failure to feed even with mags designed for 300 BLK out. He kept going down until he hit 125gr Hornady black. It loved them. He was hitting 3" steel poppers at 325 yards with them. So he stocked up on them.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    before you toss the x39 you better find some 5.56 ammo. i can still find x39 ammo here and there but 5.56 is like unicorn turds.
    Before you don’t toss a x39 AR, find mags that actually work, and work all the time. I’m not talking about 30-100 rounds range day, I’m talking about mags that actually work!!! x39 AR’s suck.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Before you don’t toss a x39 AR, find mags that actually work, and work all the time. I’m not talking about 30-100 rounds range day, I’m talking about mags that actually work!!! x39 AR’s suck.

A good friend of mine will concur this statement. He had a helluva time with mags, and his BCG was causing a LOT of FTE.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Never bought from GB before. But this looks to be a pretty good deal to me. Maybe I am missing something in th ad. What do you guys think?

I paid $741 for my M&P Sport II through RKGuns about 2 weeks ago, including sales tax and shipping. RK had them available on their page for days on end and have come and gone a couple of times since then. So, for future reference once that link evaporates, that makes GB probably $50-$75 more after shipping and transfer. Not horrible.

before you toss the x39 you better find some 5.56 ammo. i can still find x39 ammo here and there but 5.56 is like unicorn turds.

There's plenty out there if you're willing to pay for it. I paid $0.67/rd (taxed and shipped) for M193 a week ago. Since then, it appears prices have gone up considerably, but it's still out there.

If you're getting the picture that I found myself in the OP's position of needing to enter the AR game at exactly the wrong time, you've got it about right. Said and done, with a rifle I feel is of useful quality, 800 rounds of quality ammunition, 15 pmags, and a couple of accessories yet to be ordered (more durable sights, a good sling, etc) I'm in it near enough to 2 grand to not worry about the difference.

So... Having just spent double OP's $800-900 budget on my very modest setup... Doing it at that budget in the next 2 weeks, especially now that the senate has been lost so now all of congress and the presidency is anti-2A, seems like a tough mountain to climb.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I am thinking tire kicker as soooooo many of these threads turn out to be.

That's one of the reasons I try not to participate in these threads from really low post counters. I jumped in this time because I had actionable intel from literally last week on exactly this subject.

I'm guessing that saying a cheap AR, ammo, mags, and a this n' that is going to set you back 2 grand wasn't well received either. Frankly, I wasn't prepared for that either until after it happened. Oh well. In the safe now.

Top Bottom