• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am not the mag dump kind of guy. I have never done that. I am far too cheap to spend my ammo that way. My indoor firearm loads tend to be really mild and quiet. I wear both ear plugs and ear muffs when indoors. I have lit off 5 full power 44Mag rounds indoors for a test, but would not shoot 3 or 4 boxes. They are allowed, but the huge muzzle blast is annoying, and I try not to be "that guy".

The 300 yard zero on a 20 inch AR can be set at 25 yards, and then backed off a couple MOA for 200 yard zero. Not perfect but it will get you in the scoring rings on a target. That would be one possible "proper" application of a rifle at 25 yards.

If the management allows it, the shooter is allowed to shoot, even if it is not what someone else thinks is good taste.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not the mag dump kind of guy. I have never done that. I am far too cheap to spend my ammo that way. My indoor firearm loads tend to be really mild and quiet. I wear both ear plugs and ear muffs when indoors. I have lit off 5 full power 44Mag rounds indoors for a test, but would not shoot 3 or 4 boxes. They are allowed, but the huge muzzle blast is annoying, and I try not to be "that guy".

The 300 yard zero on a 20 inch AR can be set at 25 yards, and then backed off a couple MOA for 200 yard zero. Not perfect but it will get you in the scoring rings on a target. That would be one possible "proper" application of a rifle at 25 yards.

If the management allows it, the shooter is allowed to shoot, even if it is not what someone else thinks is good taste.
    I shoot like I would if I was in a confrontation if I am solo. Run it like your life depends on it. If I am on a mission to get a sight dialed in its 3 rounds check adjust and 3 more. Wash rinse repeat. This can be done easily enough and well under a full mag.
    To be clear most "Mag-Dumps" are 3 /4 round controlled bursts unless I am just doing a stress test. The stress is usually me and for some reason it seems to just diminish after a couple of good 30 round runs.
    I am not there to annoy but to keep my skills tuned.

Reactions: Leo

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Fired an M14 of mine in an indoor range a couple times..

If you think a 5.56 AR is loud indoors........

I usually only do a couple mags, then switch to the pistol I brought through.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Back when ammo was more plentiful and cheaper I’d do a mag dump near the end of a range session. But not since it got scarcer and more expensive.

Top Bottom