• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Not often do I Rant on this site, but here goes. Went to the Local Indoor Range the other day, for some Pistol "Trigger Time." Had been there about 10 minutes, when some Jack-Wagon comes in & starts shooting his AR a couple lanes over. This LGR maxes out @ 75'. WHY does Anyone feel the need to Shoot a Scoped AR at a Target 75 FEET away? Especially when there is an Indoor Rifle Range (allowing shots out to 100 Yds) less than 30 Minutes from the Range at which we were Shooting (they charge a Whopping $7 More than this Pistol Range)! I know it "Takes ALL Kinds," but Really?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not really understanding the problem. Sounds like the range allows it, maybe you guys should complain to management.
    As much as I hate indoor ranges, I agree with you.

As long as they are being safe and following the range rules, I see nothing wrong with it. There are multiple reasons this person could be doing this. Just because they are not my/your reasons doesn't make them the wrong reasons.

Yes it's annoying. I'll agree to that. But I've been known to make noise with my guns just to make noise. Sometimes, I find it very enjoyable. Just hit the backstop. No aiming, no trigger discipline.....just noise.....and a smile.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't have an issue with people shooting powerhouse firearms at an indoor range. However, that is one of the many reasons I don't like indoor ranges.

I'd rather trudge through the snow in 25 degrees than shoot indoors.

I really think I shoot better outdoors and I think it may be several factors: visibility, concussion from other folks firearms creating yet another flinch, lol. Smoke and overall noisiness and distractions.

1646425004063.png

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It doesn't bother me that much but is distracting... I am always curious what they are shooting but I am not one to talk to strangers at the range.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I don't have an issue with people shooting powerhouse firearms at an indoor range. However, that is one of the many reasons I don't like indoor ranges.

I'd rather trudge through the snow in 25 degrees than shoot indoors.

I really think I shoot better outdoors and I think it may be several factors: visibility, concussion from other folks firearms creating yet another flinch, lol. Smoke and overall noisiness and distractions.

View attachment 185702
    Definitely a distraction that I can live with all day long.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Annoying, yes. Also why I tend to avoid indoor ranges if at all possible. But I've definitely been "that guy". Sometimes you need to shoot your AR pistol and the indoor range is the most convenient or only place to do it.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Not often do I Rant on this site, but here goes. Went to the Local Indoor Range the other day, for some Pistol "Trigger Time." Had been there about 10 minutes, when some Jack-Wagon comes in & starts shooting his AR a couple lanes over. This LGR maxes out @ 75'. WHY does Anyone feel the need to Shoot a Scoped AR at a Target 75 FEET away? Especially when there is an Indoor Rifle Range (allowing shots out to 100 Yds) less than 30 Minutes from the Range at which we were Shooting (they charge a Whopping $7 More than this Pistol Range)! I know it "Takes ALL Kinds," but Really?
    Have you seen the price of gas today? I would choose the closest place that allowed it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I just completed an AR build and the weather is crap, I will go inside and function test it just because that's all I have.
    I am known to do a mag dump (when allowed) as I like doing mag dumps and again, function tests. Its a shooting range my friend. We go there to shoot. Pretty simple actually.

And yes, I am that guy with the muzzle brake on his center fires. Or "Loudners" as my friends have so aptly named them...:):

10 yds to 100 yds it's just shooting. I really don't understand your beef.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I shot an AR (just one time) at an indoor range.
    The reason was: it was 2 below zero, the range is 10 minutes from my house, and I wanted to sight-in a red dot.

It only took about 6 shots at 10 yards to get close, then I moved the target back to the farthest position (yes, a meager 25 yards), and dialed it in with another dozen shots.
    I'd loaded (18) rounds in a 20-round mag, and that was the entirety of my shooting, before pulling out a revolver to finish my range session.

It's certainly not something I'd do regularly, and understand that the extra concussion would / could be annoying to others. As stated above, there could be several reasons for shooting an AR at an indoor range.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Alot of new shooter's out there. Not everyone has access to what you may consider a "proper" range. I applaud them for at least practicing and getting familiar with the weapons they have. What I hate is range snobs who judge others on there choices. As long as your safe and following the rules and paid for admission then shoot away.

Top Bottom