• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Apparently our winters have been mild enough in recent years that they're able to survive now.
    I was in San Antonio many years ago January and February. It was in the 50's and sometimes 60's. I was running around in my T-shirt and people were asking if I was cold or needed a jacket. I told them in Indiana 50's was T-shirt weather. I find it hard to believe that an armadillo can handle subzero weather. It must dig in pretty deep to stay warm.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I was in San Antonio many years ago January and February. It was in the 50's and sometimes 60's. I was running around in my T-shirt and people were asking if I was cold or needed a jacket. I told them in Indiana 50's was T-shirt weather. I find it hard to believe that an armadillo can handle subzero weather. It must dig in pretty deep to stay warm.
    I wouldn't think the cold would be as much of a problem as extended cold. While their burrows can probably protect them from pretty cold temps, I would think the number of days they can stay in them is pretty limited.

From my experience hunting in Texas, it seems they disappear as soon as the temps dip into the low 40's but are everywhere the first warm, sunny day following such cold spells.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lol.

I would not think they could handle our winters with below 0 tempature. Have they adapted, improvised, and overcome the weather conditions here in Indiana?

LXHXYKPSMW6ZMB6WOTRR7Q5HJE.jpg

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2018/12/03/what-counts-as-sweater-weather-in-dallas/ if the picture isn't working

Top Bottom