• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Ivs got a 12g Shockwave and have shot it a decent amount. I aim it like any other...BUT, so far I've only shot the mini shells...buck and slugs... I really like them in the Shockwave...

Haven't shot any big boy rounds yet (I do have an 835,.not afraid of recoil)...just testing these minis out.

Don't rule out the 12 gauge with minis,...or something to consider...

Mr. Blenderson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2022
    Northwest Indiana
    Ivs got a 12g Shockwave and have shot it a decent amount. I aim it like any other...BUT, so far I've only shot the mini shells...buck and slugs... I really like them in the Shockwave...

Haven't shot any big boy rounds yet (I do have an 835,.not afraid of recoil)...just testing these minis out.

I'm also interested in a 20 just because I don't have one. Might be easier for me wife to try also!

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.

I love the Mini's in my Shockwave. Hornady CD 00 buck is not bad at all, but deer slugs suck a little bit.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wouldn't mess with any braces at all until either:
    ATF is disbanded and ruled unconstitutional or
    Major legislative clarification is issued and a law is passed that says SBR/SBS rules are clearly defined
    Neither is likely within the next 2 years.
    That's just it...the 'rule' is so vague that it is open to misinterpretation in different areas...
    Probably done so intentionally so as to leave adequate lee-way or wiggle room for an ATF agents in a questionable situation.
    I, too, am waiting for a legislative body to make a decision on definition because, as it stands, a 3-letter organization based on what type of legal authority, one that arbitrarily changes the rules, the question to ask is, in a court of law, what law has been broken?

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    That's just it...the 'rule' is so vague that it is open to misinterpretation in different areas...
    Probably done so intentionally so as to leave adequate lee-way or wiggle room for an ATF agents in a questionable situation.
    I, too, am waiting for a legislative body to make a decision on definition because, as it stands, a 3-letter organization based on what type of legal authority, one that arbitrarily changes the rules, the question to ask is, in a court of law, what law has been broken?
    yes. it is being done intentionally as a bypass to actual law changes (which would be unconstitutional). This is what the government has become though. Unelected agencies making "rules" and "interpretations" that no one can understand and follow. And judicial agents bought in to the concept prosecute these items as if they were law. It's a farce.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    yes. it is being done intentionally as a bypass to actual law changes (which would be unconstitutional). This is what the government has become though. Unelected agencies making "rules" and "interpretations" that no one can understand and follow. And judicial agents bought in to the concept prosecute these items as if they were law. It's a farce.
    And...results in the chaos, aggravation, irritation, questioning, vagueness, open-endedness, etc. rather than have the clearly defined, solidly stated, easily interpreted, written and concise, type of legal definition that everyone could clearly follow...and be enforceable by law rather than merely random interpretation!

HK45Lefty

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ATF stated in the brace rule FAQ that braces were never allowed on Shockwave "firearms" because they are by nature two-handed weapons and this cannot be operated solely by a single hand, which is the definition of a "handgun". You need two hands to operator the pump action. The brace was only allowed to provide support for one handed shooting of larger firearms. Now, a semi-auto Shockwave might be a different story....

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Technically speaking, what is the point in trying to comply? I don't mean this in a smart ass way or anything, I mean it because they change the rules every other week. No one can give you a recommendation that will be legally accurate, because the technicalities of it will change tomorrow.

It's even become so ridiculous that belonging to specific gun rights groups changes the legality.

Top Bottom