• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My wife sent me this article this evening. One of her co-workers adult child was killed over the weekend.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/news...cle_95316ddc-f133-11eb-9689-9f91dc546a4c.html

The thing that hits me was the statement from the shooter's sister, “He grabbed his gun and left saying he was going back over there and shoot at the house to scare them,” Ivy’s sister said, according to the affidavit.

Why would you think to do that?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This hits home as many people use my neighborhood as a cut-thru and I can be quite vocal sometimes.
    This is where the OG calls me off any engagement, same thing when we're out in public driving. No matter what level of stupid the other person is at, you just don't know what level of violence they're capable of. So, just ignore it and go about your business.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This is where the OG calls me off any engagement, same thing when we're out in public driving. No matter what level of stupid the other person is at, you just don't know what level of violence they're capable of. So, just ignore it and go about your business.

My son says the best piece of advise I ever gave him was, before engaging in any voluntary conflict ask yourself "Am I willing to get in a shooting over this?" He said it helped put a lot of stupidity in context.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I do my best to avoid conflicts, and though I've had more than a few chasing people off my ground I do my best to keep them from becoming escalated. I speak reasonably, but back up and call the local law if it starts getting messy. I don't have a badge or the training to do otherwise.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Something like this is one of my worries because my wife can't always keep her mouth shut in situations like this, where I am more likely to keep my thoughts to myself.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Something like this is one of my worries because my wife can't always keep her mouth shut in situations like this, where I am more likely to keep my thoughts to myself.

My wife used to be a big user of the horn. Culturally appropriate where she's from. (I still laugh when I think of a car horn as "The Egyptian Brake"...) I started showing her news articles of bullets coming into cars for that sort of thing. She finally got it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I used this as a teaching moment for my kids. A few weeks ago, we encountered a road rage incident that, even though I was in "the right", it could have been totally avoided by me. While it happened, it was no big deal but the jackwad really lost his mind and was mad enough to pull over and get put into the passenger seat by the lady that was riding with him.

Immediately afterwards, I explained to my kids that even though I was in the right I should have totally avoided the situation. This dude was unstable and it could have been a lot worse.

I read this article to them explaining our situation COULD have been something similar. Hopefully it sticks.

Top Bottom