Are you prepared for the modern day "protester"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    View attachment 271883

But really though.
    Let's say one of these rainbow warriors approaches you, sprays you unprovoked. What are the chances you'll hang if you shot them in defense?
    Personally, I think this is exactly what needs to happen more often.
    That's the only way this crap will ever stop.
    However, you have to think about where these protests are going on. It's almost always in a liberal run hell hole, so If you were there, and respond like that... REAL GOOD chance the local DA is gonna pee their pants with joy at the chance of parading you in front of the press as the violent criminal shooter... of a "peaceful protester".
    It would be Kyle Rittenhouse all over again every time. (God bless that kid)

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    The vids in this thread makes me reminisce about living in DC during the 2020 BLM Riots. I would walk past the "fiery but peaceful" flipped over cars on my way to meetings that had to be done in-person. The most comedic thing was most of them were very COVID conscious, but somehow rationalize that if they were wearing masks outside they would be safe no matter how packed together they were.

green46105

Gun enthusiast, gun collector, lover of firearms
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2023
    greencastle indiana
    You should take notice of who was hiding their identities and who was not.

If you're proud to take a stand for your beliefs, don't hide your face while spreading your message.
    Indeed it always amazes me too how if your position is so high and mighty that you dont want people to know who you are. This always begs the question, are you actually ashamed of your position or are you about to do some illegal **** and dont want to be caught. Although in the latter case i believe it didnt work out so well for them. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Hohenheim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Warsaw, Indiana
    To be honest I'm not sure I'm prepared for a modern day anything. :scratch:
    The government is definately trying to neuter society. It's almost impossible to tell what you can do to defend yourself without going to prison. Can't even punch a dude in the face for making unwanted sexual comments to your wife anymore without going to prison.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The government is definately trying to neuter society. It's almost impossible to tell what you can do to defend yourself without going to prison. Can't even punch a dude in the face for making unwanted sexual comments to your wife anymore without going to prison.
    So you are saying it should be OK to violently assault someone because they said something offensive to you or someone in your family you didnt like? :scratch:

Hohenheim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Warsaw, Indiana
    So you are saying it should be OK to violently assault someone because they said something offensive to you or someone in your family you didnt like? :scratch:
    That's an interesting way to twist words. You are telling me if someone was giving gross, unwanted, sexual comments towards your wife/daughter/son in your presence you would would just shake it off?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's an interesting way to twist words. You are telling me if someone was giving gross, unwanted, sexual comments towards your wife/daughter/son in your presence you would would just shake it off?
    No twisting about it.

I'm just saying speech is not violence. So regardless of what they say (excluding "fighting words") you are indeed in the wrong by assaulting them over words.

Dont like it? Call your representatives and work to change the law.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don’t see any twist at all. You literally just reiterated your point.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    No twisting about it.

I'm just saying speech is not violence. So regardless of what they say (excluding "fighting words") you are indeed in the wrong by assaulting them over words.

Why would you say "excluding fighting words" when for some guy to "punch a dude in the face for making unwanted sexual comments to your wife" is the very definition of fighting words?

I'm not saying that snapping, and going ballistic is the answer either, but it's a lot easier to understand that, than it is some jackass getting all bent over the use of the wrong pronoun.

Hohenheim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Warsaw, Indiana
    No twisting about it.

Unwanted sexual comments would constitute sexual harassment. Which is indeed a crime. Actions and words can be illegal even if they never actually touch a person. You could threaten someone, which is indeed a crime, but if you punch a dude for threatening someone in your family then you will most likely find yourself in jail. There are many examples of individuals harassing people and never facing any jail time because they either are not around when the police finally arrive or it's all hear say and they cannot be formally charged. The state does not want people protecting themselves because people may eventually protect themselves from the state.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why would you say "excluding fighting words" when for some guy to "punch a dude in the face for making unwanted sexual comments to your wife" is the very definition of fighting words?

I'm not saying that snapping, and going ballistic is the answer either, but it's a lot easier to understand that, than it is some jackass getting all bent over the use of the wrong pronoun.
    IANAL so Im not sure a lewd comment is considered fighting words. My understanding is words that indicate punches are about to be thrown are "fighting words" so that you dont have to wait to be swung at before swinging if it is clear the person is going to swing.

Found it: (Oxford)
    words that indicate a willingness to fight or challenge someone or that are likely to cause confrontation.

Lewd comments about your wife or daughter's appearance while offensive, would not be fighting words.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yes, a mature adult does just that. If what they’re doing is illegal record it, call the police and present the evidence.

Punching people in the face because you got dissed is what has gotten us to this point in society. Violence is the only answer it appears.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And actually, My 13yo daughter got catcalled a couple weeks ago while we were walking down the sidewalk in Casey, IL by a couple redneck teens driving by.

My daughter looked at me, I looked at her, and we both rolled our eyes and had a chuckle. I didnt need to chase after them, chest pumped out, motioning for them to come back and take it like a man. (we had a talk afterward of course)

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nope , I would beat the brakes off of them consequences be damned. But admittedly I am a simple creature and certain situations bring out the worst in me. Visiting st Louis with the wife and kids a few years ago when one of the street dwellers approached us and commented how he would like to anally fornicate with my wife while grabbing his junk. I used colorful language while giving my opinion on his statement. He took offense to my rebuke and threatened to cut my throat while digging presumably for his blade. I told him to show it to me and we will both get our fifteen minutes of fame. Me for shooting him 15 times in the face and him for getting shot 15 times in the face. He decided it wasn’t worth his time. I know better sometimes but can’t help it.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The vids in this thread makes me reminisce about living in DC during the 2020 BLM Riots. I would walk past the "fiery but peaceful" flipped over cars on my way to meetings that had to be done in-person. The most comedic thing was most of them were very COVID conscious, but somehow rationalize that if they were wearing masks outside they would be safe no matter how packed together they were.
    You should have been around DC for the 68 riots.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

I think he is saying mere words don't warrant physical violence which the law would agree with.

Top Bottom