Are you loyal to a single brand or do you collect everything?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many different brands do you collect?

• I only stick to the one

Votes: 1 3.3%
    • I collect a few, but stay with the same ones

Votes: 5 16.7%
    • I venture out and try new things only if recommended by someone I trust

Votes: 8 26.7%
    • I try out new things as long as they fit what I'm looking for and don't pay attention to brands

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    How many different brands do you look at when shopping for a knife? Do you collect and only ever go to the same brand? Same few brands?

Or do you consider yourself an equal opportunity collector and dabble in just about anything that has the right combination of features?

I personally am always looking for new brands, designs, etc etc. There are a few go to brands that I always buy, but I'm also not afraid to venture out and try other brands

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Equal opportunity collector here. Has to have certain steels and materials though.

I do catch myself collecting more Spydercos that anything though. They're just hard to beat for the cost. I do really like ZT, and some Benchmade too.

And then dabble in higher end stuff and even some cheaper ones too. Just depends what catches the eye

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Collect LOL. I get nothing just to collect. Everything is intended for use, and often hard use at that. The only one that might be considered a collector item (not for use) is my dad's US Navy WWII Ka-Bar.

Leatherman, Benchmade, ESEE, the occasional Spyderco (Mannix 2 used on our most recent canoe trip), AK bayonets - they all get some use.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Collect LOL. I get nothing just to collect. Everything is intended for use, and often hard use at that. The only one that might be considered a collector item (not for use) is my dad's US Navy WWII Ka-Bar.

Leatherman, Benchmade, ESEE, the occasional Spyderco (Mannix 2 used on our most recent canoe trip), AK bayonets - they all get some use.

I should have been more specific, I didn't mean collect as in show pieces. Should have said "Acquire" instead of collect. I use almost all of my knives in various degrees. :thumbsup:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm a creature of habit and when I've had good luck with a particular brand I tend to try all their stuff. At some point of another I've probably owned about every model Esee produces. Pocket knife wise, I don't know how many swiss army knives I've had, but I've had the same fieldmaster as my EDC for at least 5 or 6 years now and still keep an eye out for any other pocket tool that has a knife, scissors and saw on it that's at a comparable weight.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind trying out one of those lionsteel t5's, or a handful of other new pieces out there from civvi, but I've kind of hit a point where I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got.

All my blades are tools and look like it. I'm not a "collector" either and I can't look at a knife picture thread without rolling my eyes when I see mint condition "go-to" whatever tools.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    86   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    First off, I don't collect. At least not in the "collector" sense. I do have more than I need, and the extras sit in a drawer... but not a "collection" by any means. I use what ones I have.

Secondly, yeah, I have favorites, but I mostly go by what fits my hand, what steel is in them, what job I need than to do, what the reviews say, and yeah... if they look cool... lol.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I am a collector and I only go for certain brands that have proven to be collectible when it comes to those that get zero use. When I find one that I want I buy it. Bulldog case marbles queensteel remington benchmade eese ect.

Now I also have user knives. I often find these from makers. Sometimes I win them at knife shows.

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    I’m pretty much all over the board with brands. It’s more about the purpose and blade steel for me. Camp knives, edc fixed, edc folder, tactical, large fixed with a thick spine (to baton), hunters, prying, gentleman, and beaters. I’ve got Benchmades, Kershaw, SOG, Viper, We, Civivi, Bradford, Buck, Schrade, Spyderco, and more I can’t remember or no names. It’s a sickness and I’m all about equal opportunity.

spfldbowhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    N FL
    There are a few brands and knife makers that I’ll buy almost anytime I see one for sale. Other than that, I’ll get anything reasonably priced with the right blade material.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I ventured out when I first started having a knife for edc. A Benchmade here, a couple of Kershaws, including an auto. But I work in an office and don't have any heavy cutting needs so I mostly stick with Case grampa knives now.

Top Bottom