Are there any repercussions for welching in the classifieds here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Take it easy @bwframe. I’m just simply stating my opinion, as well as the others who have responded to this thread. I am not attempting to buy anything from you so Idk why you’re picking a bone with me and putting me on blast like that? But it seems someone has burned you in the past :dunno:

Thank you for your examples, but I am me and I wouldn’t try to meet with a seller “just to take a look”. I understand that others may do that but I am more considerate of others than that.

As for being a future potential buyer on INGO, knowing that I have set up a deal with you previous to others, only for you to tell me you sold it to the next person, is definitely something I would consider if I was interested in a product you were selling. I understand feeling out that buyer but maybe do that before making a deal.

Just my opinion. No hard feelings.
    Really?? I’m not trying to buy anything from him. And he didn’t have to post my profile like that. Just saying. I didn’t ask him to do that. I’ve only been on here for a few weeks and that just seemed a little personal to me. Like someone stated previously, it’s hard to understand someone through text. Maybe I would have taken that differently if we were having an actual conversation. But, I’m still learning everyone and everyone is still learning me. And There’s a lot more of you all.

My apologies if you perceived my post as mean or aggressive or anything other than informative. My intention was only to inform you of what you might likely be exposed to should you decide to make a trade or purchase in the INGO classifieds.

Sellers will look at all available information before venturing out to make a trade in a parking lot somewhere with someone they do not readily know first hand. Sellers will look at your feedback from other INGOers, your post history (yes, read your past posts, including this one,) and look at how long/active you have been on INGO.

Again, sorry if I came off as anything other than helpful. :)

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    To be honest, I don't see anything where he put you on blast really. I'm guessing many on INGO do exactly what he said when evaluating a potential buyer.

Not trying to butt in here, but it would be really apparent if @bwframe was trying to light you up.

And I don't think he ever said once he set the deal, he'd turn around and sell it to someone else. On INGO, just because a potential buyer says I'll take it, doesn't mean a deal is set until the seller accepts it.

pro tip - there are no first come first served rules. No calling dibs. A seller can sell to whoever they want, without regard to who spoke when.)

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    My apologies if you perceived my post as mean or aggressive or anything other than informative. My intention was only to inform you of what you might likely be exposed to should you decide to make a trade or purchase in the INGO classifieds.

Sellers will look at all available information before venturing out to make a trade in a parking lot somewhere with someone they do not readily know first hand. Sellers will look at your feedback from other INGOers, your post history (yes, read your past posts, including this one,) and look at how long/active you have been on INGO.

Again, sorry if I came off as anything other than helpful. :)

I agree and would do the same as a buyer. Now we are on the same page.. I think. Thank you. :+1: :)

Griz375

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    The Mississippi's Eastern shore
    Keep in mind, you are showing your cards also.
    It's a two-way street. People may not want to deal with you after leaving neg feedback.
    Especially if the people contacted you.

It looks like you've changed your mind quite a bit also, after reviewing your posts.
    I've seen negative feedback on other community forums and yes, such could affect you going forward.

If it's just a black X I might be concerned. If detailed as in OP, I'm going to carry on and buy. If I'm selling, nothing ever leaves my care & control until the funds clear.
    PERIOD.

Just my opinion and worth what you paid to get it.

Griz375

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    The Mississippi's Eastern shore
    Apples and oranges.

And civil liberties? Its a contract of sorts, not a free speech issue. Committing to buy an item is different than voicing your opinion on a topic.
    Not "of sorts". If I look you in the eye and agree to pay you X for Y, that's a verbal contract and, under certain circumstances, enforcible.

I construe an electronic "I'll take it" as the same thing and particularly when discussions vis-a-vis delivery location, payment method/process etc follow on.

Just how I see it, not a critique.....

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    folks, no one promised any of us, our lives would be fair, sweetness and butteries.
    a deal ain't a deal as your daddy told you, til the fat lady sings.
    THE END

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    If I get interested in something in the classifieds, I’ll do a couple messages via pm or txt. There is no way I will meet to make a deal without a phone conversation in real time. Sometimes text doesn’t convey what the author is really trying to say. Then there’s the 6th sense that only comes from conversation.
    You mean you can verbally communicate with a cell phone!?! Who would have known!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fun fact...

I was following a thread on hunting. A poster asked for recommendations on a rifle. The question jogged my memory that I had the rifle in question, and I needed to part with it.

I listed the rifle in the classifieds. Four hours later it was sold, after I txt'd more pics to the buyer. Buyer is a long time INGOer that I have traded with numerous times. Easy trade with an old friend. We both got a good deal, without any drama.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Years ago, I had a humorous selling incident happen.
    An older guy wanted to buy a gun I had for sale & we made an appt. after church the next day for the exchange.
    We went on to talk for an hour, he was most fascinating.
    When I called him the next day to verify, he apologized & told me his wife forbade him to buy another gun, haha!
    I wondered why he wanted it since he had quite a bit already.
    I just laughed it off & sold it to the "back up."
    I thought to myself, "That will be me someday," haha!
    My wife would like to ban me now from buying, "yet one more gun," for the hobby!

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    it takes all kinds of ppl to make a world. the bad ones...well they make us really appreciate the great kind ppl. world needs alot more kindness, including me..i should be kinder but i have a lot of practice being a sinner.

Top Bottom