Are the bugs worked out on the G44 22lr?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For whatever this is worth, I ran several mags of Federal Automatch bulk 22lr through mine the other night and had one or two weird nose dives into the feeding ramp, but otherwise ran fine. I keep telling myself that it looks and feels enough like a glock that it's a good training tool but they made it as reliable as a ruger so that I'd get to work on clearing jams and fixing problems.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I didn't know they had one in 22
    Yup...same 92 frame...you can buy it as an add-on kit, from Beretta, or buy it as a .22lr straight out.
    With the aluminum slide and steel barrel, it's very light-weight but it's also accurate as heck too!
    My kids, and wife, prefer it, as a semi-auto .22lr, over everything else I've bought, including the Walther PPQ, the Ruger SR-22, the Taurus TX-22, etc... Just a fun little pistol to have and shoot on .22 days!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yup...same 92 frame...you can buy it as an add-on kit, from Beretta, or buy it as a .22lr straight out.
    With the aluminum slide and steel barrel, it's very light-weight but it's also accurate as heck too!
    My kids, and wife, prefer it, as a semi-auto .22lr, over everything else I've bought, including the Walther PPQ, the Ruger SR-22, the Taurus TX-22, etc... Just a fun little pistol to have and shoot on .22 days!
    I am amazed how reliable the TX22 is. I got rid my SR22 after getting the TX22. I've not had one problem with mine. None of the barrel leading that some people have experienced.
    With 4 16rd magazines its easy to go through a box of 300+ on a range trip. I haven't cleaned it in awhile. I do lubricant it as needed, and it's been just fine. I've used Federal Auto match, CCI Stingers, Segmented, Standard Velocity, Eley force, Winchester M22, and Aguila Super Extra 40gr in it so far.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I'm a Glock fan...still haven't bought a Model 44...not planning on either!
    My favorite semi-auto .22lr is the Beretta 92 in .22lr...dang tack driver...reliable as heck too!
    the m9-22 is another good one. The one downfall I have noticed with it kinda first hand is that replacement parts are non existent. Even calling beretta was no good. Doddg has one that I’ve shot a lot and it lost extractor while he was shooting a little while back. Replacement cannot be found. So like less than ten bucks in parts has made it a paperweight. Up to that point it was probably my third favorite duty style 22 behind tx22 and 322.

Top Bottom