Are the bugs worked out on the G44 22lr?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm looking at a Glock 44 in 22lr as a trainer. From the reviews I've seen so far it's all about light primer strikes and being picky on ammo. Most of those reviews are from when the pistols first came out. I'm hoping now people will chime in saying how great theirs is and how much they love it. What's the verdict?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. My next thought goes directly to speed loaders that would work with the gun. I'd love to find something like the mcfadden lightning grip that'd work for the G44 if anyone knows of something like that.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Good to hear the positive experiences. I picked up one a few months ago but haven't shot it yet. I was disappointed to read (after I bought it) that people were experiencing reliability problems. Now, I'm going to get it cleaned and lubed and take it to the range.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm looking at a Glock 44 in 22lr as a trainer. From the reviews I've seen so far it's all about light primer strikes and being picky on ammo. Most of those reviews are from when the pistols first came out. I'm hoping now people will chime in saying how great theirs is and how much they love it. What's the verdict?
    What are you talking about? It's perfection right off the assembly line.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What are you talking about? It's perfection right off the assembly line.
    LOL, I picked one up yesterday and put a 50rd box of some off the shelf ammo last night. It looks and feels like a glock, but it's as reliable as a ruger so I get to work on clearing jams as an added bonus. I ran all 50rds last night and I had 1 or 2 full mags work as they should. My plans are to run federal automatch 22lr ammo through it ultimately because that's what I stock up on. This is 100% for a training gun for new shooters to get used to a glock, so in that regard it'll work regardless of reliability.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Unless a huge Glock fan I would not waste time or money. The two I’ve had ran fine but not super accurate and doesn’t seem to be same quality as other options. The tx22 is king of polymer duty style 22s at the moment. The p322 probably a close second but also 150-175 dollars more than tx. Downfall of sig is the mags can be finicky to load.

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    Man I bought one right when they came out. Idk if I just got lucky or what but mine runs super well. Occasional jam like I would expect with any .22lr but I’m talking like 1 out of 100 rounds. Again, it sounds like I just got lucky with mine but I really love it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Downfall of sig is the mags can be finicky to load.

The mags of the Sig P322 have to be loaded one round at a time, only pulling down on the magazine button enough for one round. Not a "downfall" at all unless one is totally inept or impatient to the point of being out of control. BTW, with quality ammo, the gun is accurate for what it is. Standing, unsupported (with quality ammo) it is no great feat to keep the majority of the rounds in a 2" circle at 25 yards. That's not bullseye competition accuracy, but not bad for what it is. The gun's light weight and trigger are the limiting factor. I expect that the pistol will shoot much better from a rest, especially a machine rest.

Lefty Red

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    SEMO
    I have two, both purchased within the last 18 months. No issues, and I consider them great trainers for those that use a Glock.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a funny story related to the G44. Was at the range on Friday with a buddy doing a little GPT and there was a lady two lanes down who kept looking over. Finally I walked over and she said, "can you help me? I took a class recently but can't remember how to load the magazines". I said sure and showed her how to load the mags. I wanted to start a conversation to see if there was anything else she needed and said "nice gun, is that a Glock 44?" and she said "no, it's only a .22"... :facepalm:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have a funny story related to the G44. Was at the range on Friday with a buddy doing a little GPT and there was a lady two lanes down who kept looking over. Finally I walked over and she said, "can you help me? I took a class recently but can't remember how to load the magazines". I said sure and showed her how to load the mags. I wanted to start a conversation to see if there was anything else she needed and said "nice gun, is that a Glock 44?" and she said "no, it's only a .22"... :facepalm:
    At least she took a class and was trying to put some practice time in. She's the type of rookie why I don't worry about telling them "it's a magazine, not a clip". I think it's great she's putting in the effort even if she gets the model # and caliber mixed up. We all started somewhere.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought one not long after they came out & put 2000 rounds through it with a dozen brands of ammo.
    I posted here about my journey with it.
    It ran fine with not liking about 3 brands of ammo.
    It shot inconsistently in my 1.75" circles at 21' to suit me, but I enjoyed it for the 2000 rounds.
    When I got to trimming the safe, it didn't make the cut.

Top Bottom