• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I've never actually been so forgive me this simple question.

If I were to bring some things to sell/trade would I be able to? Would I have to find someone to do a 4473 for the buyer?

Can we even bring our own things?

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Yes you can sell at the gun show. Ive done it a few times now. No you dont need to do a 4473 and it would be a pain in the ass to try to. Lastly yes you can bring in guns and accessories but thell want you to get the gun ziptied so everyone knows its clear.

Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle

If I were to bring some things to sell/trade would I be able to? Would I have to find someone to do a 4473 for the buyer?

Last time I was there, they had several signs up saying no private sales. You do have to check all guns at the door and have a zip tie places on them as well.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I have never had a problem. Last show, I brought in an M1 carbine to sell. Obviously, sold it, but literally had to fend off potential buyers, both vendors and attendees, until I found a buyer who would meet my selling price. At a normal show, There are numbers of people walking around with weapons to sell or trade.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I see a lot of private sales opportunities at the 1500 from my vantage point. A slung long gun with a dowel rod down the barrel with a sign on top with details is a classic. Make sure to use a Sharpie and write BIG.

A backpack with a sign is also pretty common. Most of those folks have multiple items and mark them off the sign as they are sold.

I saw a dude with an AR upper in a backpack, long dowel rod down the barrel put the sign way up over his head. The sign/print wasn't big enough. Excellent idea, poor execution.

Just to review: there are private sales at the 1500, lots of them. Years ago we saw INGOer @Smith& W spotted a round-butt 686 from like three aisles away. Not listed on a sign, he spotted the grips sticking out of the dude's cargo pocket.

Daburkster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    Fort Wayne IN

Absolutely. Private sales in Indiana are totally acceptable. Walk around holding a gun, and chances are that multiple people will walk up to you asking if it’s for sale. No legal issues with that.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    The signs at the show DO NOT state “no private sales”, but they DO state “no outside sales”

This! Private sales are allowed, they just don't want people conducting private sales outside the doors. Otherwise, people would not pay to enter and start posting up outside the doors trying to buy and sell, creating a "side show" of sorts.

Top Bottom