Are healthy people really getting hit hard by Covid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Me too, it's just that I'm starting to think that doubling down is the least scary of the possible plays to be tried.
    Well, I'm going back to rearranging prep storage and the hobby room while listening to the Electric Prunes.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    A few personal observations. I have been in healthcare for over 30 years. These are my anecdotal observations from a single hospital over the last 18 months.

I have not seen anyone who tested negative for covid die after getting vaxed. FYI the test for Covid we use in the hospital is a PCR test and measures presence of the virus, does not detect antibodies and since the vax is mRNA it is also not detected by the PCR test. I have seen vaxed people die, but they were covid negative and had known multiple serious medical conditions.

i hve not personally attended to or seen anyone who has been documented as being vaxed die of covid. I have seen a fair number of persons who have been vaxed test positive for Covid, but none requiring ICU level care and most required only 24-48 hours of hospital care. The oldest vaxed, covid positive person I have cared for was 97.

The youngest person I have seen die who tested positive was 27 and without documented co-morbidities.

Most of the covid positive deaths I have seen did have at least one documented medical co-morbidity besides age (high blood pressure, overweight, diabetes, etc).

i have been vaxed and have had the booster. I think most people should but do not agree with mandates. Everyone should have the ability to make their own choices. I don’t turn away care for smokers and drinkers with heart disease and would not turn away an unvaxed person with covid.

Just my 2 cents and not a scientific study and worth what you paid for it.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Forgot to mention, my 30 + years has been in cardiology. Saw 2 cases of myopericarditis in the last year, both had been vaxed. Nothing unusual about either and I typically see 2-6 cases a year. No way to know if related to vax or not.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A few personal observations. I have been in healthcare for over 30 years. These are my anecdotal observations from a single hospital over the last 18 months.

I have not seen anyone who tested negative for covid die after getting vaxed. FYI the test for Covid we use in the hospital is a PCR test and measures presence of the virus, does not detect antibodies and since the vax is mRNA it is also not detected by the PCR test. I have seen vaxed people die, but they were covid negative and had known multiple serious medical conditions.

i hve not personally attended to or seen anyone who has been documented as being vaxed die of covid. I have seen a fair number of persons who have been vaxed test positive for Covid, but none requiring ICU level care and most required only 24-48 hours of hospital care. The oldest vaxed, covid positive person I have cared for was 97.

The youngest person I have seen die who tested positive was 27 and without documented co-morbidities.

Most of the covid positive deaths I have seen did have at least one documented medical co-morbidity besides age (high blood pressure, overweight, diabetes, etc).

i have been vaxed and have had the booster. I think most people should but do not agree with mandates. Everyone should have the ability to make their own choices. I don’t turn away care for smokers and drinkers with heart disease and would not turn away an unvaxed person with covid.

Just my 2 cents and not a scientific study and worth what you paid for it.
    First thank you for the information. I see no mention of those previously infected but not vaxed. Are patients asked if they have been previously infected? If so how have they fared compared to those vaxed?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    First thank you for the information. I see no mention of those previously infected but not vaxed. Are patients asked if they have been previously infected? If so how have they fared compared to those vaxed?
    I have not seen anyone that had prior infection hospitalized with covid. I know a health care worker that got covid, was vaxed and had a very mild case a few months later (Did not think it was covid, atypical symptoms but got tested again on advice of PCP and was positive).

Not sure if I am lucky or of a certain genetic make up but of the 8 providers that share my area of cubicles I was the only one who has not had (and I am the oldest by far).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not my monkey, not my circus.
    If up to me would not be the hill I die on.
    It irritates me the powers that be completely ignore prior infection. They should be counted as immune.

They are ramming the goal of vaccination without any care in the world that it doesn't stop cases, which is what they use to show how bad it is in a community.

Their goal should be less death and hospitalizations. The entire narrative is wrong and I'm disgusted how quickly private businesses have gone alone with .gov in their stupidity.

It's not their job to stop a person from getting ill from COVID. At this point, it's up to the individual to decide whether they wish to face COVID with immunity or not.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They are ramming the goal of vaccination without any care in the world that it doesn't stop cases, which is what they use to show how bad it is in a community.
    Yes they are and it is illogical. If it isn't the right thing to do for public health then it must be the right thing to do for some other reason. That other reason is being withheld.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    It irritates me the powers that be completely ignore prior infection. They should be counted as immune.

Their goal should be less death and hospitalizations. The entire narrative is wrong and I'm disgusted how quickly private businesses have gone alone with .gov in their stupidity.

It's not their job to stop a person from getting ill from COVID. At this point, it's up to the individual to decide whether they wish to face COVID with immunity or not.
    Agree, can’t argue with this^^^^.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Covid post of the year :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    A co-worker of mine died as a result of the vaccine and it’s looking like he never even had COVID in the first place. He was in his early 30’s, in great shape, no health problems at all.

His dad ended up getting sick with COVID so after that happened, guy’s wife pushed him to get the vaccine. He was hesitant at first but agreed to talk to a Dr. about it. The Dr. he ended up going to was some young female doc strait out of Med school, so of course she was all for the vaccine.

Shortly after getting the vaccine he started to complain to his wife about ringing in his ears and insomnia. He went back to the Dr. but she couldn’t locate the source of the problem, so he had to keep going back over and over. They tried overnight studies and everything but didn’t come up with a conclusion.

By now the wife is fed up this Dr. can’t diagnose her husband’s problem so she starts doing her own research and looking into what treatments the doc had the husband on. Turns out he wasn’t getting any “treatment” at all. He had been having an affair with the doctor after meeting her during his COVID vaccine. Well the wife found out and shot him after he came home from one of his “overnight studies.”

If he wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine, the whole thing might have been avoided.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A co-worker of mine died as a result of the vaccine and it’s looking like he never even had COVID in the first place. He was in his early 30’s, in great shape, no health problems at all.

His dad ended up getting sick with COVID so after that happened, guy’s wife pushed him to get the vaccine. He was hesitant at first but agreed to talk to a Dr. about it. The Dr. he ended up going to was some young female doc strait out of Med school, so of course she was all for the vaccine.

Shortly after getting the vaccine he started to complain to his wife about ringing in his ears and insomnia. He went back to the Dr. but she couldn’t locate the source of the problem, so he had to keep going back over and over. They tried overnight studies and everything but didn’t come up with a conclusion.

By now the wife is fed up this Dr. can’t diagnose her husband’s problem so she starts doing her own research and looking into what treatments the doc had the husband on. Turns out he wasn’t getting any “treatment” at all. He had been having an affair with the doctor after meeting her during his COVID vaccine. Well the wife found out and shot him after he came home from one of his “overnight studies.”

If he wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine, the whole thing might have been avoided.
    I guess if we count a covid positive person who dies in a motorcycle accident as a 'covid death', then this surely qualifies as a 'vaccine death'.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    At my wife's hospital, very few covid patients are being admitted that have been vaccinated. Delta is hitting harder, and the vaccines (which are therapeutics, not vaccines) are noticeably lessening the impact of the virus.

Having said all of that, as of today, in the US there have been a total of roughly 45 million diagnosed cases of covid and 750k " covid deaths". Even if you ignore the fact that we were recording almost every death as a covid death in 2020, that still means that only 16% of the population is known to have been infected and only 1.6% of those cases have been fatal. Also with a population of over 330 million, the death rate for the entire population is 0.22%.

Contract that with the fact that it takes 5 to 7 years for most side effects to manifest themselves for a new drug. I take my chances with the Vid thank you very much.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Most COVID cases have probably never received a positive test, because they didn't seek care and did fine
    From reading stories here, all the dozens of people I know who have had it, and my own experience, I can see how easily it would be to blow it off as just feeling bad and moving on. I got tested because my wife tested positive. Otherwise I may not have gone.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    My Freind in Texas got hit hard with COVID recently. He started off with flu like symptoms and it devolved into pneumonia and he went to the local hospital. I don’t recall the whole saga of events but he ended up medically paralyzed for three weeks. It was four weeks from the day he walked in to the day he walked out.
    it’s been about four weeks since he’s been home and is still recovering. He is mostly mobile but still has some strength issues for being motionless for so long. He was in bad shape when he first got home. Could barely walk and really couldn’t get in and out of bed or a chair without help.
    We share a birthday and he’s a year younger than me, so just shy of 44. Non smoker, not good with height weight but I’d guess 6’-2 to 4” and probably 275. Not a workout fiend but in generally good shape. Also healthy for the most part. Rarely gets colds, flu etc. no blood pressure or other issues.
    it’s amazing how different the virus affects different people.

Top Bottom