Are healthy people really getting hit hard by Covid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It was a total fluke! I had on a hoodie with the pocket in the front and must have just stuck it in there in my hurry to get to the ER. I just happened to stick my hands in the pocket when they were taking me back to the room and noticed it. :): Glad I did though!
    Ya it’s a good thing, because you would’ve went home and thought you were still running a 103 temp... but still funny. I’d love to see their faces when you pulled out your own thermometer... hopefully not a rectal one.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not sure the range of those cheapo electronic temp meters. Probably pretty narrow.
    You need something to point it at, to check the calibration.

Back in the day, at work before all the newfangled calibration equipment was out there, we used to do a check with ice and boiling water.
    Ice is 32 deg.
    Boil is 212 deg.

But that's probably too far out of your instrument's spectrum.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not sure the range of those cheapo electronic temp meters. Probably pretty narrow.
    You need something to point it at, to check the calibration.

Back in the day, at work before all the newfangled calibration equipment was out there, we used to do a check with ice and boiling water.
    Ice is 32 deg.
    Boil is 212 deg.

But that's probably too far out of your instrument's spectrum.
    Yeah, I'm sure it's out of its range, and there's no way to calibrate it if it wasn't.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    every_rectal_thermometer_made_by_johnson_and_johnson_is_personally_tested_and_then_sanitiz_2014-02-06.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No way to calibrate.. but it's a good idea to check to see if it is in tolerance though. You know, to prevent runs to the hospital.
    True. Thing is, I'm pretty sure it was working before because it's typically been pretty accurate as far as if I was taking my temp as a precaution (it'd show "normal" temp), and if I was actually feeling feverish it would usually show a low grade fever. I'm guessing it just crapped out at some point. (And no, that wasn't another rectal thermometer reference :): ) Probably going to invest in a higher quality (more $) thermometer.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't think that anyone believes that the young and healthy can't die from the WuFlu, just that it's pretty rare. The overwhelming majority of people who are dying from the virus are over 65 and/or have multiple comorbidities. Even with the possibility of issues from the China Flu, I'm still much more willing to take my risk with it than with the jab.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think that anyone believes that the young and healthy can't die from the WuFlu, just that it's pretty rare. The overwhelming majority of people who are dying from the virus are over 65 and/or have multiple comorbidities. Even with the possibility of issues from the China Flu, I'm still much more willing to take my risk with it than with the jab.
    And pre wuwho flu how many times did you hear about a younger persons death and hear the phrase, “he was so young and healthy? It‘s like we forgot life isn’t fair and sometimes the young inexplicably drop dead.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    How many of those who were young and died of covid had no treatment until it was too late?

We are almost two years into this and the lack of "approved" treatments is appalling. And by that I mean you test positive, you get nothing until you're in the ER on your deathbed.... unless you go with an "unapproved" treatment like Joe Rogan or Aaron Rodgers.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How many of those who were young and died of covid had no treatment until it was too late?

We are almost two years into this and the lack of "approved" treatments is appalling. And by that I mean you test positive, you get nothing until you're in the ER on your deathbed.... unless you go with an "unapproved" treatment like Joe Rogan or Aaron Rodgers.
    This is nothing short of criminal…

Top Bottom