Are healthy people really getting hit hard by Covid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I had Covid last December. Spiked fevers especially in the evenings for about a week. Slept 18 hrs a day. Was weak for about 3 weeks. Still not as bad as the flu that I had about 20 yrs ago. BTW, I'm obese, hypertensive, type II diabetic, an dover 65. According to the media, I should have been dead.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had Covid last December. Spiked fevers especially in the evenings for about a week. Slept 18 hrs a day. Was weak for about 3 weeks. Still not as bad as the flu that I had about 20 yrs ago. BTW, I'm obese, hypertensive, type II diabetic, an dover 65. According to the media, I should have been dead.
    Are you sure you're not.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    43 years old here, fat, and past history of afib. Caught covid last Decembrer, it kicked my ass for 3 days and after that I was good to go. The following couple months I slept a lot more than usual but besides that no issues. I also gave it to my wife and kids. Wife, same age but skinny was sick longer at about a week but then was good. Both kids ages 7 and 10 only had mild fevers for a couple days. I had an anti-body test a few weeks ago and it came back positive.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    51 years old, a bit of HBP but nothing else really wrong. I'm positive I had it back in the first week of Jan 2020before it was really even a thing over here. Bad flu like symptoms but it lasted about a week. The only thing that was a little different was the severity of the body aches. Had to actually crawl from the bed to the bathroom once because I couldn't walk the 8 feet.

Second time was at the end of September 2021. Still the same health wise. Just spent a week at Methodist getting blood clots dissolved and removed. Sitting here eating my eggs with an air tube attached to my face and will be for a while.

I really don't understand this virus. The level that it hits people, the way it spreads, everything. It's all inconsistent.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just out of curiosity, can you define healthy? Exercised, not overweight, etc?

This is an interesting question. I have known folks that by all outward appearances everyone would have called the “healthy“. For matters like this; how are we to know? Of folks I do know their details almost as well as they know, I can assure you that there is a massive amount of misdirection if one only went by outward appearances…

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I’m old. Nearly 50. I work at a school. My wife works at a school. My son and daughter live live with me and last year they both tested positive. My school went all the way through last year. I have been exposed prolly thousands of times. That is not including the exposures through my family. The February of 2019 before all schools shut down I was sick for nearly a month, was tested two times for both flues and back negative. I’m Pretty sure I had it then. If I didn’t have it I must have a great immune system or been lucky so far. Through it all I have not tested positive. I’m a pure blood.
    Try getting an antibody test to see if you have had it. Tests, especially the rapid ones have a lot of false readings. I had a rapid test that showed negative two days after becoming symptomatic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I took myself to the ER yesterday. I'd been getting sick to my stomach starting late Sunday night/early Monday morning. Couldn't keep anything down. Took my temperature and it showed 101.4. Took some Ibuprofen but it kept climbing. I didn't have any body aches or difficulty breathing or anything, but I just wanted to sleep. Yesterday morning I took my temperature and it was up to 102.9. Took more Ibuprofen and went back to bed. Got up again and temp said 105.8!!

Told DoggyMama that I had to go to the ER. The whole time I'm driving (again, not feeling feverish at all) I'm thinking, "Am I gonna stroke out with this high a fever?" Went to check in and they took my temp. It was 98.2. I still happened to have my cheap thermometer with me so when I got back to the room I took it again. It read 103.7. I showed the doc and she took my temp again with their thermometer in the room. It was 98.6. :n00b:

So apparently I did/do just have a stomach bug, and not Covid (although they didn't test me). And a cheap thermometer, which I threw away when I got home.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    ...snip
    So apparently I did/do just have a stomach bug, and not Covid (although they didn't test me). And a cheap thermometer, which I threw away when I got home.

Of course, you haven't got the bills yet, but I'd call that an expensive thermometer. Glad you're okay though.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I took myself to the ER yesterday. I'd been getting sick to my stomach starting late Sunday night/early Monday morning. Couldn't keep anything down. Took my temperature and it showed 101.4. Took some Ibuprofen but it kept climbing. I didn't have any body aches or difficulty breathing or anything, but I just wanted to sleep. Yesterday morning I took my temperature and it was up to 102.9. Took more Ibuprofen and went back to bed. Got up again and temp said 105.8!!

Told DoggyMama that I had to go to the ER. The whole time I'm driving (again, not feeling feverish at all) I'm thinking, "Am I gonna stroke out with this high a fever?" Went to check in and they took my temp. It was 98.2. I still happened to have my cheap thermometer with me so when I got back to the room I took it again. It read 103.7. I showed the doc and she took my temp again with their thermometer in the room. It was 98.6. :n00b:

You may be the only person I’ve ever heard of bringing their own thermometer to the hospital.

:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You may be the only person I’ve ever heard of bringing their own thermometer to the hospital.

:)
    It was a total fluke! I had on a hoodie with the pocket in the front and must have just stuck it in there in my hurry to get to the ER. I just happened to stick my hands in the pocket when they were taking me back to the room and noticed it. :): Glad I did though!

Top Bottom