Are healthy people really getting hit hard by Covid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you truly believe that there is NO source of information worth trusting then I suppose we will just have to leave it at that.

Have the political class, science, pharmaceutical, and medical fields not all severely damaged their reputations and trustworthiness in the last couple of years?

Sure as hell have with me...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's only an opportunity to hear from the inventor of the mRNA. Personally it was one of the most revealing videos I've watched, and there's many if you look at my posts. Everyone has an individual right to believe what they want, unlike the freedoms and livelihood being taken from them with the vax mandate not mandate push.
    I'm trying to find unbiased sources to back this guy's claims.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Unfortunate

He's definitely not the only one. What sources do you trust? WHO, CDC, our Government? I would definitely say no to information from all 3 of those (aside from using the CDC COVID death numbers, since the country seems to accept that as "truth"). MSM is clearly pushing an agenda, just like the current administration and most hospital systems. Who and what to believe in this day and age is a HUGE problem, especially in reference to anything related to COVID.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Unfortunate
    Just for sharing where I am coming from, this was my reading list 30-40 years ago.

The Indianapolis Star every day

The Indianapolis News some

WSJ week days

NYT Sunday

Later an occasional USA Today

I miss those days more than I can tell you. The NYT often had stories I didn't like, but they were true and I read them to know the truth.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Unfortunate
    I somewhat understand your perspective based on your background as I've approached situations the same way from a technical career, we want concrete evidence and facts. What IngoMike and others are trying to infer is that even what we believe could be the most reliable sources are severely compromised or entirely captured, a national and worldwide PSY-OP. Dr. Malone in the video I refer to points out that he had to come to the realization that the FDA is captured, and also explains how Big Pharma and others are severely impacted from politics and their own structure and command. Basically the fox watching the henhouse.

Most of the aware people in this board know the big picture of why all this is occurring. If everything is a lie or manipulation, where do you get viable information? You look for the best information and develop a reasonable outlook particularly from a self preservation viewpoint. If the outlook is wrong, then we can all make adjustments later. I actually hope I'm wrong on a lot of things I've posted, it's just what I believe at this point in time. The amount of ongoing deceit is astronomical and costing people their lives. Just look at what has been manipulated in your career path in a short period of time. It's absurd and dangerous rhetoric!

The macro view I have to develop a baseline is this. In the last 19 months, does it make more sense that .Gov and their global elite handlers care about the welfare of citizens, or are they trying to take them out? Appears to me that it's a global coordinated effort to depopulate and gain control of your individual freedoms through various means. For me and many others, it's way beyond finding the ideal data to prove a point to ourselves.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I somewhat understand your perspective based on your background as I've approached situations the same way from a technical career, we want concrete evidence and facts. What IngoMike and others are trying to infer is that even what we believe could be the most reliable sources are severely compromised or entirely captured, a national and worldwide PSY-OP. Dr. Malone in the video I refer to points out that he had to come to the realization that the FDA is captured, and also explains how Big Pharma and others are severely impacted from politics and their own structure and command. Basically the fox watching the henhouse.

Most of the aware people in this board know the big picture of why all this is occurring. If everything is a lie or manipulation, where do you get viable information? You look for the best information and develop a reasonable outlook particularly from a self preservation viewpoint. If the outlook is wrong, then we can all make adjustments later. I actually hope I'm wrong on a lot of things I've posted, it's just what I believe at this point in time. The amount of ongoing deceit is astronomical and costing people their lives. Just look at what has been manipulated in your career path in a short period of time. It's absurd and dangerous rhetoric!

The macro view I have to develop a baseline is this. In the last 19 months, does it make more sense that .Gov and their global elite handlers care about the welfare of citizens, or are they trying to take them out? Appears to me that it's a global coordinated effort to depopulate and gain control of your individual freedoms through various means. For me and many others, it's way beyond finding the ideal data to prove a point to ourselves.

I appreciate the articulation of your thinking right now and it is well thought out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This is THE question. The totality of what has occurred; does it benefit the people or the powerful?

You all know how I answer this question, how do you?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is THE question. The totality of what has occurred; does it benefit the people or the powerful?
    But, but, but it's easier to convince ourselves that everything is ok if we just look at every topic in a vacuum and find a way to dismiss them. That way we can continue mocking others, right up until we're proven wrong then we simply stop participating in the discussions.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There are usually voices crying the truth out in the wilderness if one opens their mind. But it is easier to wear the blinders and follow everyone else.
    Why do you same handful of guys have to get into every Covid thread and try to convince yourselves that you’re right? I get it, times are uncertain and conspiracy theories help you put order to it all by believing somebody is in charge, even if they’re malevolent. Conspiracy theories have always popped up when times are uncertain, for the same reason. Just let people confront the reality of the situation without your self-soothing conspiracy ****. Times are tough right now, deal with it like an adult instead of make-believe fantasies that are easier for you to face.

I don’t want to cause CM or the other mods a headache, so I’ll leave it there and move on. Maybe have a little respect for the people who are hurting right now and move the silliness back to the other threads you’re already in.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    He's definitely not the only one. What sources do you trust? WHO, CDC, our Government? I would definitely say no to information from all 3 of those (aside from using the CDC COVID death numbers, since the country seems to accept that as "truth"). MSM is clearly pushing an agenda, just like the current administration and most hospital systems. Who and what to believe in this day and age is a HUGE problem, especially in reference to anything related to COVID.
    Absolutely not. I primarily look through scholarly publications and their published research. Many of which come out of highly regards medical schools like John's Hopkins, Harvard, and even IU. Google Scholar is quite handy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why do you same handful of guys have to get into every Covid thread and try to convince yourselves that you’re right?
    Why do the same handful of guys show up in every Covid thread and try to convince everyone else that they're wrong? That all of the **** that doesn't add up, doesn't make sense, constantly changes and has been proven wrong means that everything is ok?

If anything which cannot be proven 100% is a conspiracy theory then the viability and long term effects of your beloved vaccine is a conspiracy theory as well.

Pot & kettle and all

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just for sharing where I am coming from, this was my reading list 30-40 years ago.

The Indianapolis Star every day

The Indianapolis News some

WSJ week days

NYT Sunday

Later an occasional USA Today

I miss those days more than I can tell you. The NYT often had stories I didn't like, but they were true and I read them to know the truth.
    The WSJ is still pretty even keeled. Not perfect but pretty reasonable and I read it quite often. PBS News Hour or Reuters isn't bad either. I watch (for about 30 mintes) local news to get a feel for what is going on locally, knowing that the bias is strong but for that particular info, not too bad. However, I don't watch ANY cable news...at all. If I get a hair up my rear I will watch BBC World News or similar. There is plenty of good sources, if you look hard enough and understand their leanings.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

You have to dig, but they are there. But even researching Dr. Malone, his credentials are not EXACTLY as presented and that clouds his positions. I have my biases and I understand what they are and work very hard to look past them. What is frustrating is that so many on this board cannot see their conformation bias or availability bias that drive so much of their world view.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Absolutely not. I primarily look through scholarly publications and their published research. Many of which come out of highly regards medical schools like John's Hopkins, Harvard, and even IU. Google Scholar is quite handy.

Unfortunately, even a lot of those types of things have been poisoned and aren't necessarily immune to politics.

Top Bottom