• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My 7.5” has a 3 MOA red dot on it and I am able to keep all my rounds on a full size silhouette at 200 yards. I’ve never tried to shoot it at longer ranges since it’s a short gun meant for short ranges.
    My 10.5" I put a LPVO on it to see how accurate it was with 75gr bullets. It shot just under MOA. So I put on a Swampfox Blade 1x25. At 50yds with it its about 2 MOA. Definitely my fault but it's good enough for what it's for.
    After sighting it in I ran it on my steel targets at 50yds and it was fast and easy to hit. My smallest is a 6" round 1/2" thick ar500 target. I hit it with no problems at 50yds.

robgott1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2022
    indianapolis

Indiana_Jeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    South Bend
    Typically, a 7.5 is used for close quarters. Mine was MOA at 50 yds using a red dot.
    It's a wonderful platform for in home defense/in vehicle defense with the right ammo. Easy to maneuver. DOWNSIDE: Super Loud!!!
    Love the AR in your photo! Is that a 50 or 60 round magazine? Does the muzzle blast beat the crap out of the weapon light? Good luck & stay safe!

Indiana_Jeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    South Bend
    I have been interested in a short 7.5 AR, but are they accurate? If not, what are they good besides concealing?
    I think what others have posted gives you a lot of good feedback, and the velocity data posted by DadSmith is very revealing. Generally, the M855 and M193 bullets are not reliably lethal below 2,500fps. Some operators do go to 300 AAC Blackout to gain more terminal energy using SBR and Pistol length guns. FYI, in my experience, as a Police Officer having available an .223/5.56 SBR as a Patrol Rifle, the shorter the overall length the easier the gun is to maneuver inside of or exiting from a vehicle, as well as being able to turn around within a home's narrow hallway (especially a mobile home) keeping the gun up in case threats need to be engaged. My own limited experience with a 7.5" barrel + blast can is that it was just too darn unpleasant to shoot, and even more unpleasant for team members. If a Suppressor is not to be used, then I am most happy with a 10.5" barrel + a ~3" blast can (the weight of a Suppressor can be a handicap). Realistically, good .223/5.56 ammo is a lot easier to come by than 300 AAC Blackout, although just about any centerfire round within a 50m distance is going to hurt. You pays your money and takes your choice. Good luck & stay safe!

Top Bottom