• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I've assembled several ar's in the past. I have always referenced youtube to help me along the process. I can do it without the video help but, I'm thinking though, that one day youtube my take these videos down. Can any one point me towards a written, printable guide for ar assembly?

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Patrick Sweeney has an excellent four volume set on the AR-15. One day when all firearm info is scrubbed from the internet and you are in your bug out cabin, you will be glad you have this set. It is put out by Gun Digest. Great photos and diagrams.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Also check out book AR-15 Guide VOL 2 by Walt Kuleck and Clint McKee. They discuss assembly and the pitfalls if done improperly.
    I probably relied on this one most over the years doing assembly and repairs.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can you explain that process for the internet illiterate like me?:dunno:
    After researching available software for your platform to make sure it has the features you want (I'm Mac and currently use Airy) you download and install it. It usually costs $20 or less. There are some free versions but they are usually less capable and receive less updates

The software pretty much handles the complicated parts. You select a youtube video and a storage format (like mp3 or mp4) from a list of available options, tell it to start the process, and it makes a copy of the selected video as a file that can be stored locally on your HD that usually is created at some specific location. Then you simply select the new file, rename it something indicative of its contents and place it where you wish, usually in one or several folders. The better software can handle a download list, so you can flag three or four and then do something else while the files are being automatically copied. They usually work for just audio, too; so you can copy new music and move it to another device such as a phone where it can be played in a car without having to rely on an internet signal in order to stream it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Video is pretty storage intensive. Firearm videos tend to have things lying on work benches a lot and not agreat deal of movement so they compress better than videos with a lot of action, but plan for 0.8 to 1.1 GB per 30 minutes of archived video

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Print or download this: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/ar-15-parts-list/

Also, check out https://www.y2mate.com/ It's a website that allows you to input a YT address and then download a copy of the file in various formats. Or even just the audio in the case you want to grab a concert or lecture to listen to. Very cool site and works on 95% of YT content I've ever tried.

This guy has a nice video, and a separate one for an upper:

NOTE: When you click on download, a new tab will open and maybe a pop-up or two. Shut the new tab and let your download complete. If you aren't tech savy it may upset you, but be brave and finish the download.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Print or download this: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/ar-15-parts-list/

Also, check out https://www.y2mate.com/ It's a website that allows you to input a YT address and then download a copy of the file in various formats. Or even just the audio in the case you want to grab a concert or lecture to listen to. Very cool site and works on 95% of YT content I've ever tried.

This guy has a nice video, and a separate one for an upper:

NOTE: When you click on download, a new tab will open and maybe a pop-up or two. Shut the new tab and let your download complete. If you aren't tech savy it may upset you, but be brave and finish the download.

Thanks for the Downloader link!

Top Bottom