• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought an ambitious CH at a recommendation of a friend. I do not like it. It seems to be dragging when pulled from left side and you can see where its getting scratched up on the left side internally. Using both sides it's fine. However, when I'm shooting bench rest I usually only use the left side of the handle.

Now all that said. I need a good strong well made CH for AR 10 in 308. That has a large left handle and is capable of being used in that fashion. My BCM large CH for my 556 works great. I'd buy one for the AR 10 but I can't find any. Or they don't make them anymore. So any recommendations on large left side or ambitious CH that you use often without problems for AR 10?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I bought an ambitious CH at a recommendation of a friend. I do not like it. It seems to be dragging when pulled from left side and you can see where its getting scratched up on the left side internally. Using both sides it's fine. However, when I'm shooting bench rest I usually only use the left side of the handle.

Now all that said. I need a good strong well made CH for AR 10 in 308. That has a large left handle and is capable of being used in that fashion. My BCM large CH for my 556 works great. I'd buy one for the AR 10 but I can't find any. Or they don't make them anymore. So any recommendations on large left side or ambitious CH that you use often without problems for AR 10?
    I've had good like with strike industries. I am lefty so I often pull from that side with slightly more force. Good luck!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've had good like with strike industries. I am lefty so I often pull from that side with slightly more force. Good luck!

Thanks I subscribed hopefully when they come back in stock i can get one.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I'm not a fan of the newer BCMs and tried out a Geissele CH on my last build. I'm a huge fan and looks like they make a 308 version too. Unfortunately I didn't see any in stock any where though. I highly recommend if you can find one though.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Joe Bob is a pretty good online source. Hope it works for you, but if not, try a Fortis CH. Pretty robust to say the least. USDS might have one. I got my ar-15 one there and they some ar308 stuff also.

I got my Fortis 308 CH online I can't remember -maybe Joe bob's.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just got in the SI AR10 CH large left. Installed it and man what a huge difference. Strong and good quality CH. I rate it up there with BCM for strength and quality but for an AR10. Highly recommend it.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Pulling on and latch handle from the side is side loading the piece in a straight slot.
    Just the physics of the design.

A proper design for side loading would be roller bearing(s) for the changing handle to ride on, but that requires machining or a new upper design.

What you might try is fine grit lapping the charging handle into place, then using moly lube in the handle groove.

If you run a common baffel suppressor, it's more crap back in your face, but if you are bare muzzle you won't eat the lube.
    (Ask me how I know that ;) )

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I’m looking at the seekins precision for my Sig 716i...the quality of their products always exceeds expectations.
    I have one of theirs on my SP10 and love it. I have the BCM gunfighter large and a Strike Industries on a few other AR10s and like them also. . I think I like the Seekins just a little more than the others though.

Top Bottom