• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What's your question/issue?
    We may be able to get your problem/issue solved online...

I'm no help if you actually need physical work done. Don't know the area, but I have helped several people fix their own AR15's/AR10's themselves.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Bolt will not go all the way to rear for lock up on empty mag. I think I have narrowed it down to wrong buffer and spring. I ordered the one from sb for there brace. If that doesn't fix it I'm stumped.

Attachments

• 20210227_121735.jpg
      20210227_121735.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 2

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I traded for this one. The buffer is to long so I don't know if I got ripped off as far as the buffers being swaped out or not

Might have been an honest mistake on the seller's part?

About half of the braces sold in the classy's come without all the original hardware. I often wonder... :scratch:

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I traded for this one. The buffer is to long so I don't know if I got ripped off as far as the buffers being swaped out or not
    did you function check it at the trade meet up?
    dude traded off a rifle he thought was "broken" lol and it'll take you one small fix to get it up and running. hope you didn't trade off anything nice though...

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    So since I have ordered a other one. I decided to mess with this one. I shaved 1/4 inch off the back and now I have zero issues with the lock up. My question is action and functionality what would happen if I ran it like this? 20210228_195652.jpg

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So since I have ordered a other one. I decided to mess with this one. I shaved 1/4 inch off the back and now I have zero issues with the lock up. My question is action and functionality what would happen if I ran it like this? View attachment 128263

Likely nothing will happen except some extra perceived recoil. Or possibly you’ll bust the end out of you buffer tube if it’s cheap. I’d dig into the root cause instead of bandaid such a critical area.

Something isn’t adding up. Does it do this when firing, when you pull the CH handle, or both? Possibly your CH is damaged and causing binding on the way back, where as it would not do it under live fire. Take it down, inspect the parts, and see if you see something that doesn’t look right.

Perhaps out spec buffer tube? If you have them, swap CH only, then BCG, then buffer, then buffer tube, 1 unit at a time and see if the problem goes away.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Likely nothing will happen except some extra perceived recoil. Or possibly you’ll bust the end out of you buffer tube if it’s cheap. I’d dig into the root cause instead of bandaid such a critical area.

Something isn’t adding up. Does it do this when firing, when you pull the CH handle, or both? Possibly your CH is damaged and causing binding on the way back, where as it would not do it under live fire. Take it down, inspect the parts, and see if you see something that doesn’t look right.
    I ordered the one from the brace manufacturer I just was experimenting with this one to see if that the issues being to long. This upper works on all my other lowers just not this one. Think once the new buffer and spring come jn jt will be fine.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom