• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Okay...probably a 'beat-to-death' topic, but here goes...
    Considering or wanting to do an AR Pistol 9mm build...a PCC 9mm...and want a longer, 10.5" barrel for improved bullet performance.
    I've been looking at a few in stores and watching Youtube videos on everyone's opinion regarding which is the 'best' AR-PCC-9mm!
    I'm kinda leaning toward the Aero Precision EPC...but would have to build it and have been told I would be better off buying an off-the-shelf model.
    I like the CMMG Banshee...but, dang...those are really gone up in price!
    Several people have recommended the Sig Sauer or the CZ PCC's...and the Ruger PC-9 has come up in more than a few conversations...as has the Diamondback.
    Any other suggestions...recommendations...based one's actual experience...and why???
    Thanks in advance...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Tagging for interest. I'm wondering why someone said you would be better off buying off the shelf instead of building the Aero Precision EPC.

I don't know anything about the Aero Precision EPC, but I thought that Aero stuff was considered pretty good quality manufacturing.

But, like I said, I'm tagging to see what the general consensus is. The last time I posted about building a PCC, I bought a M&P 15-22. :) Which is a lot of fun! I ended up putting a lot of money into it getting it the way I wanted.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Tagging for interest. I'm wondering why someone said you would be better off buying off the shelf instead of building the Aero Precision EPC.

I don't know anything about the Aero Precision EPC, but I thought that Aero stuff was considered pretty good quality manufacturing.

But, like I said, I'm tagging to see what the general consensus is. The last time I posted about building a PCC, I bought a M&P 15-22. :) Which is a lot of fun! I ended up putting a lot of money into it getting it the way I wanted.
    Same.
    I found out that Aero has a 10mm EPC coming out as soon as they can iron out a few problems they are having with it.
    I'm glad Aero Precision isn't beta testing it on us like many companies seem to be doing now days.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    What will you be using the gun for?

Budget?

Here's some from our classifieds:

You can change the barrel if you really want something longer.

I've read a lot of good things about this CZ model.

Gussied up Ruger PC Charger.

I like the Ruger PC Carbine and just got a second one. For me it's been a dependable gun. I shoot both iron sights and optics division of steel challenge.

I've been looking at other pc carbines and the FX-9 and just right carbines have caught my eye. I've also thought about doing an AR-9 build.

If you want to shoot my PC Carbines we could meet at Michigan City Rifle Club.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Usage... mainly for around the house and for (some) CQB training...
    Main reason I'm leaning towards the Aero is quality...to be able to pick parts and piece it together (10" handguard + 11" barrel) and do my own build...and, because they make it in a FDE color...
    All for 1/2 - 2/3 the price of a Banshee...
    Considering a Red Dot for it...any recommendations?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    snip ...
    Considering a Red Dot for it...any recommendations?

I like the Leupold DPP, only because that's what I have. I'm sure some are better than others, but my 4 or 5 DPP's have served me well.

p.s.: this Banshee may look familiar to you :cool: . Of course, I removed the brace, so as to stay legal in this age of alphabet-agency activism.

9mm Goodness.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just mounted a Holosun 507c on one of my PCCs. I like the 32 moa circle dot reticle.

IMG_20220630_113911.jpg

AA Optics, a site sponsor, has Vortex refurbs at good prices.

I also have a Swampfox Liberator I like, which is a tube red dot.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Aero EPC parts are good to go. They are having trouble with their barrels not feeding hollow point and flat nose bullets. They recently released a new and improved barre with a feed cone. I’ll be sending mine in for replacement.

My 5.5” pistol has ran great with everything except flat nose I tried to run through it.

I’d watch their site for blem products and save yourself some money. However, today they’re released their new Join, or Die snake lower and it’s pretty awesome. It comes in fde too.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Aero EPC parts are good to go. They are having trouble with their barrels not feeding hollow point and flat nose bullets. They recently released a new and improved barre with a feed cone. I’ll be sending mine in for replacement.

My 5.5” pistol has ran great with everything except flat nose I tried to run through it.

I’d watch their site for blem products and save yourself some money. However, today they’re released their new Join, or Die snake lower and it’s pretty awesome. It comes in fde too.
    I heard about the barrel feed issue...and it was recommended that I get something new from Ballistics Advantage (Aero's barrel manufacturer) with the new style throat chambering...

Quick question...which is better overall...with considerations for things such as bullet performance, maneuverability, accuracy, etc...an 8" barrel or an 11" barrel???

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Quick question...which is better overall...with considerations for things such as bullet performance, maneuverability, accuracy, etc...an 8" barrel or an 11" barrel???
    Velocity info:

There is a quick take on 9mm barrel length at this link:

If you reload you can Taylor your ammo to your build.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    86   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'm call mine the "Plague Pistol" because I built it with my plague money during the lockdown.

I started off with everyone's favorite... the PSA pistol lower, because it was cheap, complete, and easy to find. The upper is a Spartan. I got it private sale. It has the LRBHO and a kinda cool "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" engraved on the right side. It's new, as was the barrel I found from another private sale, an 8" PSA.

Brownells charging handle, and BCG, 7" Midwest Industries M-Lok rail, Holosun red dot, ProTac light, Magpul sights, and hand stop, Blue Force sling... and done.

Everything works as it should.

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I went with an 8" barrel keeping in mind most pistol bullets are designed for a specific velocity to work as advertised. Keep in mind the faster the HP is going when it hits, the larger the expansion, and the resulting less penetration. a 10.5" will probably not see a huge amount of penetration loss, but it is something to keep in mind.

Good video from ARF.com on a 124gr. +p HST out of a 16" barrel.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I also like the Leupold DPP. That said, they discontinued their riser mount that can be combined with their elevated cross lock mount. For my taste, I prefer a more heads up style/set-up….and the cross mount set up doesn’t quite get me there. Does not seem to be any aftermarket options from a mounting perspective.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I built an Aero EPC but used a Faxon 8.3” barrel and BCG simply because I could not find an Aero one at the time. Im am 100% happy with my build. Aero stuff IMO is really nice with great fit and finish.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Velocity info:

There is a quick take on 9mm barrel length at this link:

If you reload you can Taylor your ammo to your build.
    Took me a bit to get to those sites and review them...but very helpful, thank you!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Went by 3 different LGS and looked at MANY different Red Dot Sights yesterday...
    Really liking the Holson HE510-GR sight...any users / thoughts?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Really liking the Holson HE510-GR sight...any users / thoughts?
    I have the 510-gr, a 507c and a 407k-gr. I like them all. I prefer green over red, but that's is a personal preference. The 510 has been through about 2,000 rounds on my Ruger PC Carbine with no issues.

The circle reticle on the 510 is very easy to pick up quickly. The glass on mine is very clear.

If you prefer an open reflex to a tube sight the Holosun red dots are a good option based on value/price. Made in China is a deal breaker for many.

Here's a channel for red dot testing that I like:

Edit: Until I got a second PC Carbine I used the 510's quick disconnect and used the same rifle for optics and iron sights. It would be zeroed after taking it off and putting it back on.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have a 510C-GR Elite on one of my .300 BLK builds and it is a solid sight. I highly recommend any of the Holosun offerings. Primary Arms does a good job with their red dots with the ACSS reticle. I have a Primary Arms MD25 SLX w/ ACSS reticle on my Freedom Ordnance FX-9 and it works well. They also have a standard red dot version of the same sight.

Top Bottom