• ...and so much more!
  • kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I've shot the Scorpion a bunch, and I own an FM9. I've got the 7" trilug barrel version from Primary Arms. The FM is a nice training analog for a traditional AR, mine is accurate enough to put three 147gr JHPs into .5" from the prone at 25 yards. There's fundamentally no recoil with the FM9. The FM9 works perfectly with every Glock mag I've stuffed in it, which makes it a no-brainer for me (LOTS of 9mm Glock mags in my stash).

The Scorpion makes sense if you don't already have Glock mags, or if you have to have a side-folding brace option. But, all things being equal, the FM9 fills all my needs for a very reasonable cost.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    beautiful! I keep hearing great things about the banshees. And how do you like the shadow systems compared to glock? Was patent expiration a factor in these new glock "copies" hitting the market?

I havn't shot the Shadow Systems yet, and I don't have any Glocks to compare to. In my research, the Shadow Systems were described as everything that Glocks aspire to be, so I just skipped the upgrade phase of buying the Glock. :)

Plus, Shadow Systems is made right here in the USA, in Texas.

I bought the SS to have a pistol to take the same mags as the 9mm Banshees and Ruger PCC. I really need to make time to shoot it.

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    I was just about to pull the trigger (yeah yeah, i know) on a Foxtrot Mike AR in 9mm. My main reason behind getting it is both compact firepower and a more easily manageable platform for my daughter to handle as she learns. Familiar controls with other ARs could be advantageous as well, if she ever needed to use mine or my dads. 9 mm is a little more affordable to shoot as well. Then I started reading more and seeing how some guys really like the Scorpion and how it was built to be a 9mm. I get that reasoning as well, though it appears some of the newer AR 9 types are built around the caliber vs hodge podged together as they were several years back. I'm also not including the models we all know are great, but cost 2k. The scorpion looks like it has good aftermarket support, very reliable, but suffers from a bad trigger and grip angle is awful and needs a magpul replacement. The AR looks like it might shoot smoother due to buffer tube use. The Scorpion looks slightly more compact with folding stock due to different blow back design. Some pros and cons on each side. Btw, I am looking for the 5-7" range barrel wise. Any experience/input is appreciated
    Here is my FM-9 . 5in barrel with Sylvan Arms Folder. It’s very compact and haven’t had an issue with about 200 rounds through it. (Working on more been busy) wanting to upgrade the brace to make it more comfortable. However I do really like this gun the folder makes it perfect for a backpack gun which I like since it shares my Glock mags. I don’t have a scorpion however I do have a Stribog and comparing the two the Stribog is much more smooth to shoot and the FM-9 . I enjoy the AR controls a lot more but the Stribog is just a fun gun to have and to shoot.

Attachments

• 7AE1DC84-0653-435A-9583-BF3A2804EBBE.jpeg
      7AE1DC84-0653-435A-9583-BF3A2804EBBE.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 8
    • 6997ED67-868C-479E-BD4A-2F69719BC29E.jpeg
      6997ED67-868C-479E-BD4A-2F69719BC29E.jpeg
      2 MB · Views: 8

Sonsofthunder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Here is my FM-9 . 5in barrel with Sylvan Arms Folder. It’s very compact and haven’t had an issue with about 200 rounds through it. (Working on more been busy) wanting to upgrade the brace to make it more comfortable. However I do really like this gun the folder makes it perfect for a backpack gun which I like since it shares my Glock mags. I don’t have a scorpion however I do have a Stribog and comparing the two the Stribog is much more smooth to shoot and the FM-9 . I enjoy the AR controls a lot more but the Stribog is just a fun gun to have and to shoot.
    Ive heard that the new stribogs have the roller delayed blowback and shoot "light" like the banshee.

bc77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    I can see tall buildings!
    I have an 8.5” FX9 by Freedom Ordnance and I love it. Also, they’re an Indiana company so that’s a plus for me. View attachment 163241
    Jont22...it seems we have similar tastes. Next on my list is a PCC and this manufacturer is near the top considering my budget. Any advice with these? Were you considering any other models? Is there anything you wish was different that you can't easily change? And can you please remind me...is this an aluminum upper and lower or is it mixed? Also, I know it's 9mm, but how is the recoil with the direct blow back?

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Jont22...it seems we have similar tastes. Next on my list is a PCC and this manufacturer is near the top considering my budget. Any advice with these? Were you considering any other models? Is there anything you wish was different that you can't easily change? And can you please remind me...is this an aluminum upper and lower or is it mixed? Also, I know it's 9mm, but how is the recoil with the direct blow back?
    I was also looking at the Extar. It’s much cheaper but I liked the look of the FX9 better and I found one locally vs having to have the Extar shipped.

I didn’t like the muzzle device because it blocked some mlok slots so I put on a linear comp. Also changed out the grip and I’m going to change out the flat trigger guard. Back and forth on changing out the brace only because it’s not conveniently adjustable.

From their website: The FX-9 is billet machined aluminum with hardened steel QPQ nitride components for extended wear and corrosion resistance.

I haven’t shot it in a while but I don’t remember even noticing any recoil. The spring is a little loud though.

bc77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    I can see tall buildings!
    I was also looking at the Extar. It’s much cheaper but I liked the look of the FX9 better and I found one locally vs having to have the Extar shipped.

I didn’t like the muzzle device because it blocked some mlok slots so I put on a linear comp. Also changed out the grip and I’m going to change out the flat trigger guard. Back and forth on changing out the brace only because it’s not conveniently adjustable.

From their website: The FX-9 is billet machined aluminum with hardened steel QPQ nitride components for extended wear and corrosion resistance.

I haven’t shot it in a while but I don’t remember even noticing any recoil. The spring is a little loud though.
    Thank you for the info! I've done a little more research on the Extar. Not much negative on them either, from what I've seen thus far, other than not being able to find them.

Top Bottom